Sarah Turpin is a partner in the firm’s London office, who concentrates her practice on insurance recovery and counseling, representing policyholders seeking coverage under a broad range of insurance policies, including Professional Liability, Directors' & Officers' Liability, Public/Product Liability, Property/Business Interruption, Event Cancellation, Credit Risk/Political Risk, and Cyber/Technology Risks. She acts for policyholders in relation to disputed insurance claims, if necessary through litigation, mediation, or arbitration, and advises on claims notification and claims management issues. She also advises on policy wordings at the pre-contract stage, including in the context of corporate and finance transactions. Her policyholder clients come from a wide variety of industry sectors, with a particular focus on financial and other professional services, technology, leisure and entertainment, energy and manufacturing.
In addition to her coverage practice, Sarah represents directors, trustees, and other professionals in the mitigation and defence of professional liability claims.
Prior to joining the firm in September 2005, Sarah worked for a leading insurance coverage practice in the city, acting primarily for insurers and Lloyd's underwriters and their insureds, having trained and qualified in the insurance group of another prestigious city firm.
Sarah is currently co-global practice group coordinator of the Insurance Recovery and Counseling practice at the firm.
- Recognised by Chambers UK guide for Insurance: Mainly Policyholders in UK-wide, 2024
- Recognised by The Legal 500 United Kingdom edition as a Leading Individual for Insurance litigation: for policyholders in London, 2019-2024
- Cyber Risks - Preparing for a Breach, 8 February 2018
- Maximising D&O Insurance Recoveries in Insolvency, May 2017
- Corporate Compliance: Liability of In-House Counsel and Directors, May 2017
- The New Insurance Act: What GCs Need to Know and Do, 23 November 2016
- Live Cyber Attack, 14 June 2016
- Seizing Opportunities to Provide Cyber Liability Coverage for FI’s and D&O’s, “C5’s 24th Forum on D&O Liability Insurance, 25 - 26 March 2015
- “QCA Risk Event for Directors,” 18 November 2014
- "Cyber Risk and Global Security Issues: is your business fully prepared?," K&L Gates Seminar, 2 October 2014
- “C5 Professional Indemnity Insurance Forum: Evaluating Current PII Claims and Losses,” 5 December 2013
- “Data breach? Are you protected against data losses and liabilities?” The London Institute of Banking and Finance, 23 May 2018
- Tackling the Growing Spectrum of Cyber Risks, Originally published by StrategicRisk, Spring 2015
- New UK Insurance Act to come into Force in 2016 - The Biggest Shake Up of Commercial Insurance Law in Over a Century, Insurance Coverage Alert, 13 April 2014
- Insurance for Professional Fiduciaries, Insurance coverage Case Update, 4 December 2014
- Cyber Risk and Global Security Issues: Is Your Business Fully Prepared, 2 October 2014