Sarah Turpin is a partner who concentrates her practice on insurance recovery and counseling, representing policyholders seeking coverage under a broad range of insurance policies, including Professional Liability, Directors' & Officers' Liability, Public/Product Liability, Property/Business Interruption, Event Cancellation, Credit Risk/Political Risk, and Cyber/Technology Risks. She acts for policyholders in relation to disputed claims, if necessary through litigation, mediation, or arbitration, and advises on claims notification and claims management issues. She also advises on policy wordings at the pre-contract stage, including in the context of corporate and finance transactions.
In addition to her coverage practice, Sarah represents directors, trustees, and other professionals in the mitigation and defence of professional liability claims.
Sarah is recommended in Legal 500 UK 2019 as a leading individual and noted as providing “an excellent service, giving clear, practical advice in a very tight time frame.” She is also recommended in Chambers 2019 UK and Global as being “held in high regard for her work handling the policyholder side of disputes relating to professional indemnity, credit risk and property damage,” with one client describing her as “a thorough and detailed lawyer who is tactical, helpful, and communicative."
Sarah is also noted as a leading individual in Legal 500 2020 with the following client recommendation: "Sarah Turpin represented our company for the better part of a decade in insurance coverage matters on a global basis. She was consistently on top of matters without ever performing any unnecessary work. She consistently achieved excellent outcomes for us. Every strategic decision she recommended proved to be the right one. Her judgement is impeccable, as is her knowledge of the substantive law and insurance policies. Moreover, she has been a pleasure to work with and she is a consummate professional. I would highly recommend Sarah without equivocation."
Prior to joining the firm in September 2005, Sarah worked for a leading insurance coverage practice in the city, acting primarily for insurers and Lloyd's underwriters and their insureds, having trained and qualified in the insurance group of another prestigious city firm.
Sarah is currently co-global practice group coordinator of the Insurance Recovery and Counseling practice at the firm.
- Cyber Risks - Preparing for a Breach, 8 February 2018
- Maximising D&O Insurance Recoveries in Insolvency, May 2017
- Corporate Compliance: Liability of In-House Counsel and Directors, May 2017
- The New Insurance Act: What GCs Need to Know and Do, 23 November 2016
- Live Cyber Attack, 14 June 2016
- Seizing Opportunities to Provide Cyber Liability Coverage for FI’s and D&O’s, “C5’s 24th Forum on D&O Liability Insurance, 25 - 26 March 2015
- “QCA Risk Event for Directors,” 18 November 2014
- "Cyber Risk and Global Security Issues: is your business fully prepared?," K&L Gates Seminar, 2 October 2014
- “C5 Professional Indemnity Insurance Forum: Evaluating Current PII Claims and Losses,” 5 December 2013
- “Data breach? Are you protected against data losses and liabilities?” The London Institute of Banking and Finance, 23 May 2018
- Tackling the Growing Spectrum of Cyber Risks, Originally published by StrategicRisk, Spring 2015
- New UK Insurance Act to come into Force in 2016 - The Biggest Shake Up of Commercial Insurance Law in Over a Century, Insurance Coverage Alert, 13 April 2014
- Insurance for Professional Fiduciaries, Insurance coverage Case Update, 4 December 2014
- Cyber Risk and Global Security Issues: Is Your Business Fully Prepared, 2 October 2014