Shani Horii-Watson is a lawyer in our Commercial Disputes team in Sydney. She assists clients by providing advice on the strategic handling and resolution of a wide range of corporate and commercial disputes with a focus on general contract, consumer complaints, misleading and deceptive conduct and commercial property disputes.
Shani's legal skills are complemented by her resolve in adverse situations. She has previously represented victims of institutional child abuse in personal injury claims against vicariously liable institutions and completed a nine month secondment to the Australian Public Service providing advice relating to the medical evacuation of refugees from Nauru and PNG to Australia under the Medevac Legislation.
- K&L Gates Women's Achievements Awards, Achievement in Community Service (2023)
- Co-Coordinator of the K&L Gates Law Re-Imagined Committee
- Member of the K&L Gates Australian Innovation Committee
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Mentor, Sydney University Law Careers Mentoring Program (2020 and 2021)