Stuart Broadfoot is a Tax partner based in Sydney specialising in complex international and Australian corporate and finance tax advisory, transactional and controversy matters. His extensive expertise includes cross-border and Australian tax issues relating to inbound and outbound investments, mergers and acquisitions (both public and private), finance and debt capital markets (including corporate, structured and project finance), equity capital market transactions, fund formation and investments and corporate and trust restructures. This experience has spanned a range of sectors and clients, including large listed and unlisted corporates, private equity, international and domestic funds, infrastructure, projects and real estate.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Stuart worked at global law firms in Sydney and London where he focused his practice on corporate tax matters across multiple jurisdictions relating to project finance and development, mergers and acquisitions, debt capital markets and financing, infrastructure, fund establishment and investment, and real estate, as well as tax controversy and litigation.
- Doyle's Guide, recognised as a Tax Law Rising Star (2020)
- Legal 500 UK, recognised for Corporate Tax (2018-2019)
- Law Society of New South Wales
- ATO sees "intangible" risks everywhere: ATO's draft risk assessment framework for intangible arrangements, Thompson Reuters (Weekly Tax Bulletin), May 2023
- Not Just for the big end of Town: Transfer Pricing for SMEs, The Tax Institute, Oct 2014