Tim Webster is a highly respected commercial litigator who handles disputes for the firm's corporate clients in a range of industries. He currently serves as the co-practice area leader of the firms global litigation and dispute resolution group, and is a member of the firm's global advisory committee.
Tim has extensive experience and skill in company critical litigation and in managing complex and sensitive matters, including the defence of large class actions.
He has particular expertise in the strategic handling and resolution of disputes or potential disputes, enforcement of contractual rights and obligations, and Corporations Act matters, including directors’ duties and shareholder rights and remedies.
Tim is a fully qualified mediator and has considerable experience in, and knowledge of, appropriate dispute resolution vehicles, including arbitration, mediation and facilitated negotiation.
He is recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific and Legal 500 Asia Pacific for Dispute Resolution – Australia and ranked as one of Australia's leading alternative dispute resolution and litigation lawyers by Best Lawyers.
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Alternative Dispute Resolution (2017-present), Litigation (2019-present)
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific, recognised in Dispute Resolution (2016-2020); recognised in Regulatory Compliance Investigations (2019)
- "Tim Webster …, is able to bring a commercial and litigation mindset to all matters." (Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020)
- Department head Tim Webster is described as ‘a strategic thinker and agile problem-solver’ (Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2018)
- Chambers Asia Pacific, recognised in Dispute Resolution (2018-2020)
- "Practice head Tim Webster is respected by peers as an 'experienced, effective operator.' He is praised by referees as a particularly powerful and successful representative of their interests, both in litigation and in heading it off, one noting: 'He really does make your company feel looked after'" (Chambers Asia Pacific 2018)
- Chambers Global, recognised in Dispute Resolution (2019-2020)
- Law Society of New South Wales member
- Resolution Institute member
Tim regularly presents seminars and training on topical litigation issues, including legal professional privilege and its application to in-house corporate lawyers.
- "Settlement (Civil Litigation)," Australian chapter in Thomson Reuters' Practical Law, Cross-Border Dispute Resolution, March 2017
- "Opinions as Assumptions – Court Rejects Expert Evidence of $170 million Claim," Law Society of NSW Journal, July 2012