Nathan Townsend is an associate in the firm’s Pittsburgh office. He is a member of the Commercial Disputes practice group.
Prior to joining the firm, Nathan served as a law clerk for Judge David Porter on the United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals and as a law clerk for Judge Nora Barry Fischer on the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. In addition, Nathan previously worked as an associate at K&L Gates where he drafted briefs regarding complex commercial disputes and consumer class actions, researched and helped draft reports for company internal investigations, and represented a victim of domestic violence before a state court on a pro bono basis.
- Certified Public Accountant (Pennsylvania)
- “Dormant Commerce Clause Whittled Further After Pork Producer Case,” Bloomberg Law, 15 May 2023
- “Third Circuit rejects right to public trial claim on plain error review, but offers guidance as to which proceedings must be public,” On Appeal, a publication of the Bar Association of the Third Federal Circuit, April 2023
- "Supreme Court’s Conservatives May Empower California," Daily Journal, 28 September 2022
- "Winding Back 'Wayfair': Retaining the Physical Presence Rule for State Income Taxation," Vanderbilt Law Review (2019).