Virginia Peters is a partner in the firm's Dallas office, where she is a member of the Technology Transactions and Sourcing practice group. Her practice focuses on commercial transactions and corporate counsel services. Virginia serves as outside general counsel to businesses in a variety of industries. Virginia and her team partner with clients’ legal, executive, and operational teams to assist with day-to-day legal needs and provide strategic solutions tailored to the needs and goals of the particular client.
The commercial transactions and outsourcing arena demands technically sound and practical advice, informed by an awareness of market conditions and best practices. Virginia utilizes the knowledge base of the firm’s practice groups to meet this need. Virginia identifies and coordinates with specialists across different industries to provide subject matter expertise for her clients.
- Serves as outside general counsel to assist clients with day-to-day legal needs and provide strategic guidance.
- Drafts, reviews, negotiates, and manages commercial contracts.
- Partners with clients' in-house counsel teams to provide support and guidance from a legal and operational perspective.
- Identifies and coordinates with specialists to provide subject matter expertise.
Prior to joining the firm, Virginia served as an associate for an international law firm. In this role, she concentrated her practice on private equity, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate law, disclosure procedures, and human capital management.
- Author, "What’s trending in tech M&A right now? Data privacy, says K&L Gates attorney," Dallas Business Journal (April 2023)