Our Caribbean team unites lawyers across our global platform to provide integrated legal advice to clients working in the region.
Our lawyers understand the complexities and nuances of the various jurisdictions and legal systems in the Caribbean because of our extensive experience working in the region. Our team includes lawyers that span five continents, representing public and private companies, governments, and individuals in their business activities and pursuits throughout the Caribbean and internationally.
Our team has deep connections with local government officials, key stakeholders, and local counsel throughout the region. We are actively engaged with Caribbean organizations devoted to improving local laws and regulations for the benefit of increased corporate growth and investment in the region. Many of our lawyers have been involved in working with governments to enact pro-development and other important legislation in many Caribbean countries. We work with our clients to handle offshore private client and trust issues, complex business transactions, and to manage litigation and cross-border arbitration arising from disputes involving Caribbean jurisdictions.
Our team has experience across a broad range of practice which include the following:
- Banking and Finance
- Capital Markets
- Development Agreements and Other Agreements for Foreign Direct Investment
- Energy and Renewable Energy
- FCPA and International Compliance
- Infrastructure and Public-Private Partnerships
- Intellectual Property
- International Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- Labor, Employment, and Workplace Safety
- Offshore Private Client and Trust
- Private Equity
- Real Estate
- Resort, Hospitality and Leisure
- South America Relations
- Tax and Treaties
- Venture Capital, Private Equity, and Emerging Growth and Venture Capital