Our India team unites lawyers across our global platform to provide integrated legal advice to clients working in the region.
Our India practice encompasses multi-lingual lawyers from around the world, who either originate from India or have in-depth knowledge and experience of the jurisdiction. We have a strong track record of advising clients on high profile cross-border transactions, projects, and disputes and a good reputation for working in tandem with a number of law firms in India on these matters. We have significant experience with the business environment in India, including longstanding relationships with prominent Indian companies and business organizations. We represent international clients entering the Indian market as well as rapidly expanding businesses and ambitious Indian entrepreneurs looking to venture into overseas markets on:
- Cross border deals, M&A, joint ventures, aviation, banking and finance, capital markets, compliance matters, economic incentives, employment, international trade, fund formation, projects and infrastructure, and tax.
- Litigation, arbitration, and dispute resolution, where we have a solid record of accomplishment providing our clients with advice and solutions that are pragmatic and commercial. We also have a robust investigations and enforcement practice where we represent clients in relation to complex internal investigations involving fraud, misconduct, corruption, collusion and other economic offences.
- Intellectual property involving both patent and trademark matters. We are particularly well known for patent prosecution work.
As an integrated global law firm spanning five continents, we offer a unique perspective which comes from frequently engaging in matters that require a profound understanding of different cultures and practices. Due to Indian regulation we do not practice Indian Law, but we do maintain strong ties and close working relationships with selected law firms and individual counsels in India, with whom we work to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
We strive to help our clients achieve long term business objectives in India. We have assisted international and Indian companies in areas across a broad array of disciplines, including:
- Asset Management and Investment Funds
- Banking and Fintech
- Consumer Products
- Family Offices
- Financial Institutions
- Higher Education Institutions
- Luxury Products and Fashion
- Pharmaceuticals, Biologics, and Medical Devices
- Resort, Hospitality, and Leisure
India Business Law Journal Deals of the Year
- Daiichi’s Singapore win with Indian Representation (2020)
- True North’s category II alternative investment fund (2018)
- Spicejet purchases Boeing, Bombardiers aircraft (2017)
India Business Law Journal’s 2020–2022 Report
K&L Gates recognized as a “Significant Player” for India-related work by India Business Law Journal from 2020–2022.