Inga Hall is special counsel in the construction and infrastructure practice group. She deals with both contentious and non-contentious work. Her practice focuses on UK and international transport, energy and infrastructure projects, and she regularly advises both public and private sector clients on procurement strategy and contractual arrangements. She has considerable experience with the main industry standard forms, with a particular focus on the New Engineering Contract and FIDIC forms of contract. Inga also acts for developer, institutional investor, contractor, and consultant clients on real estate development work advising on construction-related matters.
Inga qualified as a lawyer in Australia in 1997. She has previously worked at a major Australian law firm. She joined the firm in 1999 and cross-qualified in the UK in 2000.
- Law Society of England and Wales (Member)
- Society of Construction Law, (Member)
- Technology & Construction Solicitors Association (TeCSA) (Member)
Inga regularly provides bespoke training sessions to clients on specific contract issues as well as providing general legal updates via seminars to the practice group's clients. In addition, Inga regularly speaks at the annual NEC LinkedIn Conference on topics including: "Z-Clauses: Friend or Foe?", “NEC3: from adjudication to Z-clauses” and "A Legal Perspective of Early Warnings, Time Bars and Compensation Events". Recent presentations have included:
- annual "Key Construction Cases": seminars to clients
- "The Construction Act One Year One": client workshop, October 2012
- presentations at the annual NEC LinkedIn Conference on topics including: "Z-Clauses: Friend or Foe?" and "A Legal Perspective of Early Warnings, Time Bars and Compensation Events",
- "NEC: Compensation Events and Programme Issues": June 2012
- "Construction Act Amendments: Payment and adjudication": client seminar, September 2011
Inga also edits and contributes to the group's quarterly construction and engineering newsletter to clients, "Insite" and is a regular contributor to the firm’s construction blog and the RICS online resource "isurv" on the topic of amending standard forms of contract. Publications include:
- In Site, the Construction and Engineering quarterly newsletter
- Time Bars in Construction Contracts - A Comparison between jurisdictions