A Sea Change in D.C.: What Does the Future Hold?
It has been more than two months since the November elections, but the new alignment of political power in the Congress is finally clear. It appears that there may be significant changes in regulatory, estate planning, and tax rules. In the midst of a global pandemic, the potential for significant legislative and regulatory changes this year makes planning especially important. We are hosting a panel discussion exploring current financial, legal, and policy-related issues that will shape Congress’s agenda and the resulting changes.
Topics will include:
- Tax and regulatory environment
- M&A market
- Estate planning opportunities
- Mary Burke Baker, K&L Gates, Washington D.C., Partner, Tax and Policy
- Sarah Bowman, K&L Gates, Seattle, Partner, Estate Planning and Trusts and Estates
- Michael Butler, Cascadia Capital LLC, Chief Executive Officer
- Gary Kocher
- Charles Purcell