Alex Rickarby and his team act for international and domestic clients focusing on the resolution of commercial claims across a range of industries, including oil and gas, mining services, construction, financial products and insurance. He has considerable experience with large scale disputes and with court and arbitration proceedings in various Australian jurisdictions.
Alex advises on complex contractual and equitable disputes, building and construction matters, government inquiries, regulatory prosecutions, tortious disputes, property disputes, trade practices matters, disputes with financiers as well as general insurance and self insurance matters. His experience in large scale responses to major industrial incidents, enables him to provide advice to clients on their crisis and emergency response procedures.
Prior to joining K&L Gates in early 2013, Alex was a partner at a large Australian national law firm for eight years.
- Listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia™ for Alternative Dispute Resolution (2017-present), Litigation (2017-present)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Insolvency & Restructuring Lawyer in Western Australia (2018)
- Australian Mining and Petroleum Lawyers Association (AMPLA) member
- Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC) member
- Australia and New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA) member
- "Are you prepared for a crisis" presented for Australian Corporate Lawyers Association (ACLA), Perth, August 14, 2012
- "Are you prepared for a crisis" presented for Chartered Secretaries Australia, Perth, November 21, 2012