Alexander Kollmorgen is a partner and notary in the K&L Gates Berlin office. He advises German and international corporations on mergers and acquisitions and a broad range of corporate law matters, particularly stock corporation law, corporate restructuring, and capital markets law as well as on real estate law.
Alexander has taken part in numerous corporate transactions, above all the purchase and sale of companies, but also joint ventures.
In his role as a notary, he deals with corporate and real estate matters, including the notarization of general assemblies (Hauptversammlungen) of stock corporations.
Alexander's clients include publishers, manufacturers, software companies, banks, and mid-sized companies (Mittelstand) from various branches.
Alexander is recognized as a leading practitioner in legal directories such as JUVE, Legal 500 Deutschland and Best Lawyers/Handelsblatt.
Alexander joined the firm in December 2016, after being a partner at a major German law firm since 1998, before joining an international law firm as partner in 2002, where he was member of the Corporate and Transactional Department. He was admitted to the bar in 1991 and as notary in 1997.
- Berlin Association of Notaries (Notarkammer Berlin), president
- German Bar Association (Deutscher Anwaltverein)
- Board of the Friends of The Institute for Notarial Law at the Humboldt University in Berlin (Förderkreis des Instituts für Notarrecht der Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin), member of the board
- Form Library Contractual Drafting, Nomos Publishing House, 3rd edition 2018, co-author
- Notarhandbuch Gesellschafts- und Unternehmensrecht (a manual for notaries, corporate and company law), C.H. BECK, Hauschild / Kallrath / Wachter (editors), 2nd edition 2017, December 2016, co-author
- Form Library Contractual Drafting: Corporate Law I, GmbH/AG, Nomos Publishing House, 2nd edition 2012, December 2012, co-author
- Legal Practice Should be Based on the Broad Interpretation of Inside Information of the OLG Frankfurt, Betriebs-Berater, issue 9.2011, February 28, 2011, p. 527, together with Florian Steinhardt
- Upstream Securities and Limitation Language after Modernization of the German Limited Liability Company Law – Old and New Risks for Managing Directors, Betriebs-Berater, issue 35/09, August 24, 2009, p. 1818–1822, together with Dr. Matthias Santelmann and Dr. Olaf Weiß
- FormLibrary Corporate Law, Contractual Drafting, Litigation, Nomos Publishing House, 1st edition 2009, November 1, 2008, co-author
- News on The Prospectus Requirement in Share-based Employee Participation Schemes – Unresolved Issues Concerning the Applicability of the New German Securities Prospectus Act (Wertpapierprospektgesetz), Betriebs-Berater, issue 51/52, December 17, 2007, p. 2756–2760, together with Heiner Feldhaus
- Transformation Act – Difficulties In Connection With The Transfer of Non-Domestic Property, Betriebs-Berater, issue 41, October 8, 2007, page 2189, together with Heiner Feldhaus
- The REIT Stock Corporation – Model Articles of Association, Betriebs-Berater, issue 25, June 18, 2007, p. 1345–1354, together with Matthias Hoppe and Heiner Feldhaus
- Sample Internal Procedural Rules for the Management Board of an SE, Betriebs-Berater, issue 10, March 5, 2007, p. 509–516, together with Marcus Lutter and Heiner Feldhaus
- GmbH and AG, Contractual Drafting, single volume, corporate law I, Nomos Publishing House, March 1, 2007, together with Dr. Sönke Friedrichsen
- The Prospectus Requirement in Share-based Employee Participation Schemes – Unresolved Issues Concerning the Applicability of the New German Securities Prospectus Act (Wertpapierprospektgesetz), Betriebs-Berater, issue 5, January 29, 2007, p. 225–230, together with Heiner Feldhaus
- Die Europäische Aktiengesellschaft – Satzungsgestaltung bei der „mittelständischen SE“ Betriebs-Berater, November 14, 2005, p. 2473–2483, together with Marcus Lutter and Heiner Feldhaus