Our 500-lawyer strong mergers and acquisitions (M&A) practice is recognized as one of the global go-to firms for international and domestic M&A transactions. We serve as primary outside counsel to public and private clients offering pragmatic legal advice for M&A transactions of varying sizes. Our experienced M&A teams scale as appropriate to provide firm resources when and where you need them, including seamlessly integrated specialists and regulatory professionals across geographies.
Our clients achieve the best results when we are able to invest in the relationship through our experience in the client’s industry, building synergies with their team, and developing a deep understanding of their core business goals. While we maintain professional independence to advise our clients, our integration allows us to do so with an understanding of our client’s strategies, tolerance for risk, and preferences for executing deals.
Our M&A team leads sophisticated and demanding M&A deals by deploying the skills of our formidable M&A lawyers, who are positioned across five continents at strategic intersections of the global economy.
In a highly responsive manner, we can assemble a client-tailored team, based on geography, industry sector, practice area, level of expertise, diversity, and other factors tailored to the specific M&A transaction and the client’s objectives.
Our team supports clients across all stages of their deals, facilitate deals from concept through closing, and provide ongoing post-closing and integration support. We concentrate on facilitating, structuring, and successfully completing the full range of acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, strategic alliances, and recapitalizations for clients of all sizes, from emerging growth startups to global conglomerates.
Investing in client relationships is at the core of our approach to M&A transactions. We believe it enables us to provide better service to our clients by effecting process improvement, reducing cost and time for execution, leveraging institutional knowledge, and working collaboratively with lawyers and other professionals who have an understanding of issues important to their business. In addition to listening to the client’s needs and preferences, we draw on our extensive experience and use innovative technology and knowledge management to create efficiencies in the delivery of our legal services.
We have deep experience and expertise across a number of industries. With decades of experience partnering with industry-leading companies, clients turn to us not only for legal counsel, but also for our practical and in-depth knowledge. We advise clients across many industry sectors, and have particular strength in key sectors such as:
- Energy and natural resources
- Financial services and fintech
- Healthcare and life sciences
- Manufacturing and industrials
- Transportation and logistics
- Integrated deal team members
- Antitrust, competition, and trade regulation
- Capital markets
- Employee benefits, employee stock ownerships, and executive compensation
- Government contracts and procurement policy
- Intellectual property
- Labor, employment, and workplace safety
- Privacy, data protection, and information management
- Private equity
- Real estate
- Representation and warranty insurance
- Restructuring and insolvency
The 2020 Global Corporate Practice Transaction Highlights Brochure highlights our work in several industries across our five-continent platform.
- Named the Corporate “Law Firm of the Year” in the 2020 edition of the U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” report. The firm also received a United States national first-tier ranking in Mergers and Acquisition Law in the same report.
- Ranked as one of the 20 leading global law firms based on international presence and the capabilities to handle complex cross-border matters in Law360’s 2019 Global 20 survey.
- Ranked in Tier 1 of the 2019 edition of The Legal 500 United States in the publication’s M&A: Middle Market ($500m-999m) category.
- Consistently recognized by Chambers & Partners, The Legal 500 and domestic reports (such as German JUVE) in Asia-Pacific, Europe, and the United States.
- Recently named among the top corporate law firms in a survey of United States general counsel by Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting. Published in the magazine’s “America’s Best Corporate Law Firms,” the rankings are based on a survey of general counsel from United States public companies regarding national firms they would retain for a variety of corporate legal matters.
- Previously named by Mergers & Acquisitions magazine as “Law Firm of the Year” for Mid-Market M&A.