Tony Watson is a partner in the firm's intellectual property law group. He acts in both prosecution and litigation matters.
Tony acts for Australian and international clients in advising, prosecuting, enforcing and defending trade marks, designs, patents, copyright and trade secrets and litigation proceedings concerning these rights and related trade practices litigation.
Tony provides pro-active commercial advice in these areas on all aspects of registration, prevention, protection and enforcement. He is a “big-picture'” thinker and an excellent strategist in brand protection and in large litigation cases. He has had over 25 years experience in advising clients in enforcement programs, brand protection strategies and large court actions involving a broad range of intellectual property and trade practices issues.
Tony was recognised as one of Australia’s leading alternative dispute resolution and life sciences lawyers in the Best Lawyers (Australia) list most recently published in 2019.
- Who’s Who Legal: Australia & New Zealand, Recommended lawyer for Australia – IP - Copyright (2022)
- World Trademark Review 1000, recognised for World’s Leading Trademark Professionals(2020-present)
- Chambers Asia Pacific, ranked individual in Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Copyright - Australia (2019-2020)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Intellectual Property Lawyer in Victoria (2018)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Contentious Intellectual Property Lawyer in Victoria (2018)
- Managing IP Stars, listed as a Trade Mark Star – Australia (2018, 2020, and 2021)
- Best Lawyers in Australia, listed in Alternative Dispute Resolution (2014-present) and Life Sciences Practice (2018-present)
- World Trademark Review, recognised as a World's Leading Trademark Professionals (2017)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a Leading Trade Mark Lawyer in Victoria (2017, 2016)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a preeminent Copyright & Soft IP Lawyer in Victoria (2017, 2016, 2015)
- Doyle's Guide, recommended as a preeminent Trade Mark Lawyer in Victoria (2015)