Tony Watson is a partner in the firm's intellectual property law group. He acts in both prosecution and litigation matters.
Tony acts for Australian and international clients in advising, prosecuting, enforcing and defending trade marks, designs, patents, copyright and trade secrets and litigation proceedings concerning these rights and related trade practices litigation.
Tony provides pro-active commercial advice in these areas on all aspects of registration, prevention, protection and enforcement. He is a “big-picture'” thinker and an excellent strategist in brand protection and in large litigation cases. He has had over 25 years experience in advising clients in enforcement programs, brand protection strategies and large court actions involving a broad range of intellectual property and trade practices issues.
Tony was recognised as one of Australia’s leading alternative dispute resolution and life sciences lawyers in the Best Lawyers (Australia) list most recently published in 2019.
- Listed in the World’s Leading Trademark Professionals by World Trademark Review 1000, 2020
- Recognised Practitioner in Chambers Asia Pacific for Intellectual Property: Trade Mark & Copyright, 2019
- Listed in Doyle's Guide Leading Intellectual Property Lawyers, Recommended (2018)
- Listed in Doyle's Guide Victoria Leading Contentious Intellectual Property Lawyers, Leading (2018)
- Recognised as a Trade Mark Star – Australia by Managing IP Stars, 2018, 2020, and 2021
- Listed Lawyer, Alternative Dispute Resolution, and Life Sciences, Best Lawyers (Australia), 2018
- Recognised, The World's Leading Trademark Professionals, World Trademark Review, 2017
- Leading Victorian Trade Mark Lawyer, Doyle's Guide (2017, 2016)
- Preeminent Victorian Copyright & Soft IP Lawyer, Doyle's Guide (2017, 2016, 2015)
- Preeminent Victorian Trade Mark Lawyer, Doyle's Guide, 2015