Antoine de Rohan Chabot is counsel in the Brussels office and is a member of the antitrust, competition and trade regulation group.
Over the past 12 years, Antoine has developed experience in a broad range of areas in European Law and French Law. His practice focuses on advising clients in a variety of industrial sectors, including transport, and aviation, e-commerce cross-border issues, energy, hydrogen, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and cosmetics, manufacturing, chemicals and IT on the legal aspects of their business activities, with a particular emphasis on international contracts, and EU and French regulatory compliance.
Antoine also regularly advises clients on global compliance programs regarding antitrust, the rules and procedures governing State aid, and EU public procurement directives.
He also advises on EU and French competition and consumer protection legislation, including unfair commercial practices, misleading and comparative advertising, and advises companies on distribution agreements including competition, and e-commerce cross-border issues relating to distribution agreements in Europe.
Antoine has extensive experience advising clients on EU and French foreign direct investment screening mechanisms, in particular on the assessment of transactions under French FDI control legislation, and has coordinated several Phase I and Phase II FDI filings in France.
Prior to joining the firm, Antoine was an associate at another international law firm in Brussels, where he was part of the EU Antitrust Regulatory and Compliance Group. He also previously gained experience at the Directorate General for Competition of the European Commission, the French Competition Authority and with international law firms in Brussels and Paris.
In 2014, Antoine was seconded to the French legal department of a major IT company, and in 2015, he was seconded to the legal department of one of the world's largest express transport companies to support the development of their operations throughout France.
- Member of the association of francophone competition law practitioners in Brussels (L'Entente)
- Speaker on the panel “The Challenges faced by Transportation Lawyers When Clients Are Shipping Goods Worldwide: We're Not in Kansas Anymore!” - Plenary session, Transportation Lawyers Association’s 2016 Annual Conference (Destin, USA)
- Lecturer in International Transport Law at the Université Catholique de Lille from 2015 to 2019.
- “Law enters the human resources space,” Financier Worldwide, June 2023
- "Fit for 55: the EC's legislative package to reduce emissions," Financier Worldwide, November 2021
- "Foreign subsidies: new rules to address competition distortions in the European single market," Financier Worldwide, August 2021
- "Competition and Antitrust Law 2021 Expert Guide, CorporateLiveWire, March 2021
- "How European competition law can contribute to achieving sustainability objectives," Financier Worldwide, February 2021
- COVID-19: An Overview Of The European Commission’s Developments In Merger Control, State Aid And Antitrust, Corporate Live Wire, July 2020
- “COVID-19: application of EU Medical Devices Regulation postponed by one year, until 26 May 2021,” Financier Worldwide, June 2020
- A Path for EU Merger Control Reform: What's Next With the New European Commission, Corporate LiveWire, April 2020
- The Interplay Between EU Competition Law and Industrial Policy: The Grounds for a Reform, Corporate LiveWire, April 2020
- “EU Competition Law Considerations in M&A Transactions in Light of Recent Enforcement Trends: When Procedural Breaches Present Significant Risk,” Financier Worldwide, April 2020
- “European Union Adopts New Regulation on Market Surveillance and Product Compliance: Economic Operators in the Internal Market Subject to Reinforced Obligations,” Financier Worldwide, November 2019
- “Competition & Antitrust 2019: Virtual Round Table,” Corporate LiveWire, 2019
- “Merger Control: The Road Ahead,” Financier Worldwide, August 2019
- The Impact of the EU Data Protection Regulation (TaxNet Pro, 14 September 2016)
- The General Electric / Alstom Transaction and the Protection of Legitimate National Interests (Magazine des Affaires, 15 December 2015)
- Recent Developments in European Transport (The Transportation Lawyer, October 2014)
- New French Scheme for Information on CO2 Emissions Caused By Transportation Services Having France As Their Origin Or Destination (The Transportation Lawyer, December 2013)