Charles “Chuck” Royce is a partner practicing real estate and finance law in the firm’s Seattle office. Chuck represents clients in the areas of commercial real estate transactions and leasing. His practice includes representing property owners, investors, developers, lenders, and borrowers in the acquisition and disposition of commercial and public properties, drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, and preparing covenants, easements, and financing documents. Chuck also has experience in all aspects of commercial leasing, including office, retail, and industrial leasing and related documentation.
In addition, Chuck counsels clients on regulatory matters impacting the food, agriculture and retail industries. This includes advice on regulatory and permitting requirements for storage, transport and the retail sale of food products and other consumer goods.
Chuck is a LEED Accredited Professional (LEED-AP), a distinction he earned through the Green Building Certification Institute. As a LEED-AP, he has a thorough understanding of green building practices and principles.
- Mr. Royce was named to the Washington Rising Stars list (2007-2009).Mr. Royce was named to Chambers and Partners USA: Washington Real Estate (2020).
- Mr. Royce was named to the Washington Rising Stars list (2007-2009).
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, Washington State Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- “Current Sticking Points in Negotiating Reps and Warranties,” LSI Commercial Real Estate Purchase and Sale Conference, April, 2017
- Real Estate Case Law and Legislation Update", Washington State Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section Midyear, co-presenter with Brian Lewis, June, 2011
- "Mistakes to Avoid in Tenant Improvement Work Letters", continuing legal education seminar, December, 2010
- Program Chair, "Real Estate Boot Camp", Washington State Bar Association, June, 2009
- "Purchase and Sale Agreements," Washington State Bar Association, Construction Law Section Midyear, June, 2008
- Washington Chapter, State-by-State Guide to Commercial Real Estate Leases, Mark A. Senn ed., Aspen Publishers 3d ed. 2012