Christian Büche is a partner in the firm's Frankfurt office and a member of the Asset and Corporate Finance, as well as Investment Management, practice groups. In addition, he is appointed by the Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt as civil law notary with official seat in Frankfurt am Main.
Christian focusses his practice on financing transactions and regulation in the financial services industry. He advises his clients primarily on real estate financings and financings for rolling stock for commercial use and regional rail transport. Christian is experienced in advising domestic and foreign banks, investment firms, payment service providers, fund managers, servicers and other businesses in the financial services industry on the requirements applicable to their operations in or related to Germany.
As a civil law notary, Christian advises clients, drafts and records deeds in all matters requiring the involvement of a notary in Germany, in particular the incorporation or restructuring of companies, capital increases or the appointment of directors, filings with the commercial register, acquisition or sale of real estate, mortgaging of real estate, ships or airplanes, pledges over shares, succession and estate planning, certifications of signatures or documents.
Christian joined the firm in July 2010. From 2004 to 2010, he worked with international and national law firms in Düsseldorf and Frankfurt.
- Notary Exam, 2018
Christian regularly lectures banking and finance law at the EBS University of Business and Law and speaks on conferences, for instance:
- K&L Gates Investment Management Conference "Wiesn Forum", Munich, September 24, 2019, on the amendment to derivatives regulation under EMIR Refit
- K&L Gates Thirteenth Investment Management Conference, London, September 27, 2018, on disclosure of target market information under MiFID II in Germany under the the Target-Market Standard-DE Template, challenges for UCITS in providing PRIIPs KIDs, Prospects of Mutual Recognition of UCITS funds post-Brexit
- EuropaInstitut at the University of Zurich, Zurich, May 31, 2018, on access of third-country investment firms to the EU and, in particular, Germany under MiFID II, MiFIR and their implementation in Germany
- K&L Gates Twelvth Investment Management Conference, London, December 12, 2017, on access of third country investment firms to Germany, conduct of business rules and available exemptions
- K&L Gates Eleventh Investment Management Conference, London, July 6, 2016, on product rules for loan originating funds, update on voting rights transparency and upcoming passporting regime for non-EU AIFMs
- K&L Gates Tenth Investment Management Conference, London, June 2015, on access of third-country investment firms to the EU under MiFID II and MiFIR and update on reverse solicitation
- Webinar on Accessing Investment in China: A Global Perspective on the RQFII Program, December 11, 2014
- Webinar on EU-US financial services: “Regulatory Disharmony And the Way Forward,” Washington, D.C., October 21, 2014, on the banking union in Europe and the effects of the Single Supervisory Mechanism and the Single Resolution Mechanism
- K&L Gates Ninth Investment Management Conference, London, July 2014, on the regulation of algorithmic and high-frequency trading in Germany under the High-Frequency Trading Act and under MiFID II
- Webcast on Raising Fund Assets in the Global Markets—Focus on Europe, Asia, Australia, and the Middle East, Boston, May 29, 2014
- EBS University of Business and Law, Wiesbaden, January–March 2014, lecturing on credit financing and consumer protection
- Institute for Law and Finance of Goethe University Frankfurt, February 2014, on the regulation of over-the-counter derivatives transactions under the European Markets and Infrastructure Regulation (“EMIR”)
- K&L Gates Eighth Investment Management Conference 2013, London, July 2, 2013, on the implementation of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (“AIFMD”) in Germany and private placements of and other types of marketing of funds into Germany following the implementation of AIFMD
- "Financial Regulation in the Euro Zone: Update on the Banking Union", Global Government Solutions® 2016, Mid-Year Outlook, July 2016
- "EU Capital Markets Union: Filling the Empty Box", Global Government Solutions 2015, Annual Outlook, April 2015 (together with Daniel F. C. Crowley, Philip Torbol, Ignasi Guardans, Sean Donovan-Smith, Mélanie Bruneau, Karishma Shah Page, Andés Gil)
- Alert, "A Buttonwood Tree Sprouts in Europe: What the EU’s Proposed Capital Markets Union Means for You", February 26, 2015 (together with Daniel F. C. Crowley, Bart Gordon, Andrés Gil, Mélanie Bruneau, Sean Donovan-Smith, Ignasi Guardans)
- “Regulation and Taxation of Alternative Investment Funds in Germany—Changes and Developments,” Global Government Solutions 2014, Annual Outlook, February 2014 (with Rainer Schmitt)
- Newsletter on the financial crisis: “Enhanced Financial Markets Stabilization Act and Bad Banks,” May 18, 2009
- Newsletter on the Financial Crisis: “Financial Markets Stabilization Act,” October 14, 2008
- Newsletter on the effect of the Risk Limitation Act (“Risikobegrenzungsgesetz”) on Non-Performing Loan Transactions, August 2008
- Newsletter on Recent Developments in Non-Performing Loan Transactions (value-added taxes, data protection, Risikobegrenzungsgesetz), December 2007
- “Ad-hoc publicity as a vital component to an integrated market”, doctoral thesis, 2005, Baden-Baden