Christina M. Paul is a partner in the litigation and dispute resolution practice group with emphasis on complex commercial litigation, products liability, and maritime matters. Christina’s clients include business entities in the recreational marine, hospitality, and transportation industries. Christina represents clients in state and federal court litigations and arbitrations. She has been admitted to practice in California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, and South Carolina.
In her recreational marine practice, she represents manufacturers and retailers in various matters including warranty claim disputes, product liability claims, product recalls, dealer/customer disputes, manufacturing quality and regulation compliance, and sales contract disputes. Her clients include recreational boat and engine manufacturers and retailers selling products domestically and internationally. On behalf of her clients she works with regulatory agencies in the marine industry, including the U.S. Coast Guard and local policing authorities.
In her maritime practice, she represents financial institutions and private companies in admiralty actions to collect unpaid dockage and charter fees. She has also handled LOLA and DOSHA claims.
In her hospitality practice, she assists clients in contract disputes, insurance matters, corporate governance, and regulatory compliance. She advises on various matters involving disputes arising from contract cancellations.
In her transportation practice, she represents a publicly traded transportation company in a variety of personal injury and property damage disputes. In this capacity, she has successfully litigated claims involving multi-million dollar damages resulting from catastrophic injuries.
Christina has been recognized as a standout by her peers in publications including: Florida Legal Elite, Florida Super Lawyers, and South Florida Legal Guide. She also is an AV® Preeminent- rated lawyer ˗ the highest available rating given by Martindale Hubble for legal ability and professional ethics. Since 2013, she has served as the Vice Chairman of the Boating Industry Risk Management Council (“BIRMC”) where she has been a member since 2010. She was re-elected to another term as Vice Chairman in 2016. BIRMC is a National Marine Manufacturers Association (“NMMA”) committee dedicated to promoting boating safety and is comprised of various members in the recreational boating industry. In 2017, Christina was elected to serve as a board member of the American Boat and Yacht Council (“ABYC”), and she continues to be K&L Gates’ representative member of the NMMA.
Prior to joining the firm, Christina was in private practice in Miami, Florida where she developed extensive experience handling complex product liability litigation.
- 2020 Top Lawyers in South Florida, April 1, 2020
- AV Preeminent 2020 Lawyers.com, March 1, 2020
- 2020 AV Preeminent Attorney - Judicial Edition, March 1, 2020
- 2020 AV Preeminent Attorney, October 15, 2019
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2019 - Top 1%, May 1, 2019
- Top Lawyers in South Florida 2019, April 1, 2019
- 2019 AV Preeminent Attorney - Judicial Edition, March 1, 2019
- AV Preeminent 2019 Lawyers.com, February 19, 2019
- 2019 AV Preeminent Attorney, October 1, 2018
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2018 - Top 1%, May 1, 2018
- 2018 AV Preeminent Attorney - Judicial Edition, March 1, 2018
- PPR AV Preeminent 2018 Lawyers.com, December 1, 2017
- 2018 AV Preeminent Attorney, October 1, 2017
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2017 - Top 5%, April 1, 2017
- 2017 AV Preeminent Attorney - Judicial Edition, March 1, 2017
- 2017 AV Preeminent Attorney, October 3, 2016
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2016 - Top 1%, April 1, 2016
- Florida Legal Elite: 2016
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2015 - Top 1%, February 1, 2015
- America’s Most Honored Professionals 2014 - Top 5%, August 16, 2011
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent- rated lawyer
- Recipient of 2015 American Boat and Yacht Council (ABYC) Horizon Award
- Daily Business Review - Top 40 Lawyers Under 40: 2014
- Florida Legal Elite - Up and Comers: 2013
- South Florida Legal Guide - Top Up & Comers: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- South Florida Legal Guide - Top Lawyers: 2018
- Super Lawyers - Florida Rising Stars: 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Top Attorneys - Florida’s Outstanding Young Lawyers: 2013
- Executive Board Member, American Boat and Yacht Council
- Vice Chairman, Boating Industry Risk Management Council
- Defense Research Institute, Product Liability Committee
- National Marine Manufacturers Association
- Phi Delta Phi
- The Florida Bar
- Dade County Bar Association
- Christina Paul spoke at the Marine Law Symposium held in New Orleans, LA on Jan 7, 2020. Christina addressed an audience of over 100 attendees regarding the defenses of a complex products case involving a boat fire.
- Christina Paul spoke at the NMMA Annual Compliance Seminar on December 10, 2019. Christina addressed engineers and compliance individuals from the recreational marine industry sharing with them the concepts of record retention and litigation management.
- Speaker, American Boat and Yacht Council Marine Law Symposium, Charleston, South Carolina, April 2018
- Speaker, American Boat and Yacht Council Marine Law Symposium, Charleston, South Carolina, January 2017
- Speaker, American Boat and Yacht Council Regional Marine Training Seminar, Port Jefferson, New York, April 2016
- Speaker, “Navigating Expert Discovery,” Knox Marine Seminar, Dania Beach, Florida, February 2015
- Speaker, “BIRMC Record Retention Guidelines,” National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), Nashville, Tennessee, December, 2013
- Speaker, “Marine Product Liability and Warranty Litigation,” International Association of Marine Investigators, Isle of Palms, South Carolina, February, 2013
- Speaker, “Marine Product Liability and Warranty Litigation, How We Remain Strong in the Wake of Fault-Finding Consumer Expectations,” International Boatbuilders Exhibition and Conference, (IBEX) Louisville, Kentucky, October, 2012
- Speaker, “A Survey of Trends in Product Liability and Warranty Law,” Knox Marine Seminar, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, February, 2012
- “Fire, explosions and other thermal events,” Trade Only Today, 10 October 2019
- “Lawyers, boats and money,” Trade Only Today, 22 August 2018
- "ABYC expands membership to insurance companies, law firms," Boating Industry, 22 July 2014
- Elton Scatliffe v. Mercury Marine Prods. & Servs., et al., 206 So.3d 714, Case No. 3D15-2781 (Fla. 3d DCA Nov. 2, 2016).
- Daytona Tourist Charter Corp. v. Broward Services Ltd., Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2012 WL 3042992, S.D.Fla., July 25, 2012 (NO. 12-20221-CIV)
- Seven Seas Cruises S. De R.L. v. V. Ships Leisure Sam, Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2011 WL 772902, S.D.Fla., February 28, 2011 (NO.09-23411-CIV)
- Thomas v. Bombardier Recreational Products, Inc., Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2010 WL 2731416, M.D.Fla., July 9, 2010 (NO. 2:07-CV-73OFTM29SPC)
- Clear Marine Ventures, Ltd. v. Brunswick Corp., Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2010 WL 528477, S.D.FIa., February 11, 2010 (NO. 08-22418-CIV)
- Thomas v. Bombardier Recreational Products, Inc., 682 F.Supp.2d 1297, 2010 WL 326113, M.D.Fla., January 21, 2010 (NO. 207-CV-730-FTM-29SPC)
- Federal Ins. Co. v. Brunswick Family Boat, Co., Inc., Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2007 WL 3286846, M.D.Fla., November 5, 2007 (NO. 8:07-CV-1237-T30MSS)
- Lady Di Fishing Team, LLC v. Brunswick Corp., Not Reported in F.Supp.2d, 2007 WL 3202715, 2008 A.M.C. 215, M.D.Fla., October 29, 2007 (NO. 307CV402J33TEM)
- FWF, Inc. v. Detroit Diesel Corp., 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 48953 (S.D. Fla. June 23, 2007)
Pro Hac Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York
- South Carolina