Mr. Verdini is a trial attorney who focuses on intellectual property litigation and intellectual property counseling. He played a lead role in the pretrial and trial efforts that led to obtaining a $1.17 billion verdict for a client in a patent infringement case; the largest verdict in the U.S. in 2012 as reported by the National Law Journal and the third largest ever in a patent case. Mr. Verdini also obtained one of the largest verdicts in Pennsylvania in 2013 for a client in a patent infringement case. Mr. Verdini litigates trademark infringement, copyright infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets and unfair competition/false advertising cases. He counsels entertainment, media and consumer product clients on trademark clearance, registration, maintenance and enforcement issues and litigates trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Among other clients, Mr. Verdini represents World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. in trademark infringement cases, trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings and intellectual property and contract disputes. He also has litigated trademark infringement and false advertising claims involving popular consumer brands and seized counterfeit merchandise utilizing the anti-counterfeiting provisions of the federal Lanham Act. He leads the intellectual property enforcement efforts of a well-known music band and has counseled a large retailer on trademark, trade dress and copyright issues. Mr. Verdini has tried patent infringement and copyright infringement cases and managed large intellectual property litigations through all major stages, including arguing summary judgment, pretrial and post-trial motions.
Mr. Verdini was appointed by the Judges of the Western District of Pennsylvania to be a member of the Advisory Committee for the Study of the Local Patent Rules and a member of the Local Civil Rules for the Western District of Pennsylvania, is co-author of the intellectual property chapters in the “Expert Witness Answer Book” that the Practising Law Institute published annually from 2012-2017 and has been selected to the Pennsylania Rising Star List from 2014-2018. While an undergraduate at Harvard University, Mr. Verdini was a two-time letterwinner for the Harvard football team.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers in America for Litigation - Intellectual Property, 2022
- Selected to the Pennsylvania Rising Stars List, 2014-2017
- Barrister, Intellectual Property Inn of Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Member of Advisory Committee for the Study of the Local Patent Rules for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- Member of Advisory Committee for the Study of the Local Rules for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2014
- Moderator, K&L Gates GC University Series, March - November 2018
- Panel Member, “How to ‘“Deal”’ with Artificial Intelligence,” Western Pennsylvania Association for Corporate Counsel, June 2018
- Patent Office Litigation - What You Need to Know, K&L Gates Webinar, October 2015
- Panel Member, 2014 Federal Circuit Bar Association Advanced Complex Patent Litigation Series, Western District of Pennsylvania, March 2014
- "Security Firm Granted Response Deadline Extension In False Advertising Lawsuit," Mealey's IP/Tech, 8 December 2020