Clare Kempkens is a partner at the firm’s London office, and serves as a practice group coordinator for the oil, gas, and resources practice within the firm’s energy, infrastructure, and resources practice group. Clare focuses her practice on energy work and deals with a range of associated maritime and insurance matters. Clare advises a wide range of contractor clients on both contentious and non-contentious issues connected with offshore operations around the world. On a day to day basis she advises on drilling contracts, supply and services contracts, EPC contracts, Sale and Purchase agreements, MOUs and associated insurance cover. Clare has been involved in a number of large disputes with a heavy technical content including claims concerning the design, engineering and construction of a variety of offshore units together with a series of off and onshore drilling and engineering issues.
Prior to joining the firm, Clare served as partner for an international commercial law firm where she focused on energy work and dealt with a range of associated maritime and insurance matters.
- IADC 2018 Indemnity Schemes and “Insurance Funds”
- IMCA 2018 Contracts and Insurance Seminar
- IMCA 2016 Contracts and Insurance Seminar
- IADC 2016 “Transocean v. Providence: The restoration of sanity to English Law” (co-presenter)
- IADC 2014 Pollution Liabilities and Termination of Contracts for Breach under English Law