Courtney B. Thomas is admitted to practice in New York. He is not admitted in North Carolina; application for admission pending in North Carolina.
Courtney Thomas is a partner in the firm’s Raleigh office. He is a member of the Corporate group with a primary focus on Commercial Technology and Sourcing and a secondary focus on Corporate/M&A. His practice focuses on commercial and corporate transactions, complex commercial contracts, lending transactions, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisitions including joint ventures and strategic alliances. He works with clients across a number of industries, including technology, manufacturing, and financial services. Courtney served as Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of an international technology company immediately before joining K&L Gates and understands the need for legal counsel to serve as a collaborative and strategic business partner.
Immediately prior to joining K&L Gates, Courtney served as the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of an international technology company based in North Carolina. Before that, Courtney was a senior lawyer at a large investment bank. Courtney also has extensive private practice experience, having practiced in the New York offices of two global law firms, where he focused on lending transactions, distressed debt and other corporate transactions.
- North Carolina Bar Association – Minorities in the Profession Committee
- Table, Inc. – Board Member
- Chapel Hill Carrboro City Schools, Equity Advisory Council
- Courtney has participated in a number of panels throughout the Triangle and guest lectures at the University of North Carolina School of Law.
- Courtney and his wife are licensed foster parents.