Craig Edwards presently practices in insolvency and general dispute resolution. He has acted for receivers, administrators and trustees in litigation and has advised on powers and duties. Craig also manages major commercial litigation for insurers and major corporations including defending major public liability claims and personal injury claims.
Craig also has significant experience in banking and finance. He has advised major Australian banks and international corporations on securities enforcement, realisation of complicated loan and security transactions, residual debt actions, liquidations, managed investments (litigation in respect of managed investment loans), receiverships and bankruptcy.
Prior to K&L Gates, Craig worked at an Australian commercial law firm. He also spent two years working at a full service law firm in New Zealand.
- Law Institute of Victoria Member.
- Volunteer solicitor for the Western Suburbs Legal Service (now WEstJustice) generalist night service, Laverton, Melbourne from November 2012 to February 2018 (the service was discontinued in April 2018).
- "Voidable Transactions in New Zealand", 6th Annual Corporate Insolvency Conference in Auckland, New Zealand, 2006
- "Reform of Personal and Corporate Insolvency Laws in New Zealand", Insol World, Fourth Quarter, 2006.
- "Australia's Safe Harbour Law - A Better Outcome for Restructuring and Entrepreneurship?" (2019) 27 Insolvency Law Journal 66.
- "Australia and Singapore – Differences in Applications to Set Aside an Arbitral Award?" (2019) 29 Australasian Dispute Resolution Journal 234