Mr. Trocchio is a partner in the litigation group. He has handled a variety of types of litigation, including toxic tort, multi-state insurance coverage, commercial, and environmental litigation. For the past two decades, Mr. Trocchio has performed national coordinating counsel work for clients involved in the asbestos litigation, and his work in this area is extensive. It has focused on understanding the factual history of his clients to ensure that information provided by way of written discovery and corporate deposition testimony is consistent and complete, and on valuing and negotiating cases to obtain favorable individual and group resolutions. He has also managed the responsive pleading, discovery, and pre-trial motion process, and trained and coordinated with both other NCC and local counsel to implement the client’s litigation strategy. Mr. Trocchio employs a practical approach to resolving claims, by assessing cases for early resolution and defense cost savings, while identifying and allocating more thorough resources to problematic cases to reduce trial threat and indemnity spend. He works in close and ongoing communication with clients to continually fine-tune strategy and achieve cost objectives. Mr. Trocchio has also provided clients strategy on various issues of federal and state environmental law, and has represented clients in both first-party and third-party appeals before the Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board.
Prior to law school, Mr. Trocchio worked as a process engineer at Appleton Papers Company's Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania paper mill.
- Allegheny County Bar Association (Civil Litigation and Environmental Law Sections)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- St. Thomas More Society, Board of Governors
- "United States Environmental Law Update-The OECD's 2003 Update of the Guiding Principles for Chemical Accident Prevention, Preparedness, and Response," Produkt-und Umwelthaftpflicht International, Fall 2003
- "United States Environmental Law Update: Final Rule On National Emissions Standards for Integrated Iron and Steel Manufacturing Facilities," Produkt-und Umwelthaftpflicht International, Summer 2003
- "United States Environmental Law Update: Revised Concentrated Animal Feeding Operation (CAFO) Regulations," Produkt-und Umwelthaftpflicht International, Spring 2003
- "EPA’s Homeland Security Strategic Plan: Potential Responsibilities and Opportunities," Produkt-und Umwelthaftpflicht International, Winter 2002
- "Threatened and Endangered Species and Historical Resources - Effects on Oil and Gas Activities," presented at Emerging Legal Issues Relating to Oil & Gas Activities, November 13, 2002
- "District of Columbia Circuit Upholds EPA’s Diesel Rule," Produkt-und Umwelthaftpflicht International, Fall 2002
- "Effluent Trading in Watersheds: The EPA’s Proposed Water Quality Trading Policy," Produkt-und Umwelthaftpflicht International, Summer 2002
- "MACT Hammer Poised to Strike," Produkt-und Umwelthaftpflicht International, Summer 2002
- "Small Business Liability Relief and Brownfields Revitalization Act," Produkt-und Umwelthaftpflicht International, Spring 2002