Dawn M. Lamparello concentrates her practice in environmental law, including related regulatory compliance and litigation concerning various federal and state environmental statutes. Dawn counsels clients in connection with CERCLA site studies and remedies, as well as RCRA waste management issues, across the United States. She serves as common counsel to approximately 50 companies participating in the Lower Passaic River Study Area Cooperating Parties Group, which is engaged with federal and state agencies in a CERCLA study of the Lower Passaic River in Northern New Jersey. Dawn brings her significant remediation experience to advise clients on transactional matters, including environmental implications associated with corporate restructures, real estate transactions and bankruptcy matters. Dawn also monitors and manages issues related to PFAS and other emerging contaminants under various EPA and state programs.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Dawn served as a law clerk to the Honorable Patricia K. Costello, Assignment Judge, Superior Court of New Jersey.
Dawn is active in K&L Gates’ recruiting committee, working with her partners to actively recruit summer associates and lateral candidates for the firm. As an associate, she was selected to participate in the firm’s Global Associate Symposiums in 2012, 2013 and 2014. In addition, Dawn has handled a number of pro bono cases providing legal services to victims of domestic violence.
- NJLJ New Leaders of the Bar - 2016
- New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, Editorial Board
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Renewable Energy, Cleantech and Climate Change Committee, Co-Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section, Board of Directors
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources: Superfund and Natural Resource Damages Litigation Committee, Marketing Vice-Chair
- NJ LEEP (Law Education Empowerment Program). Served as mentor to a high school student in Newark, NJ in this law-related education programming organization.
- Speaker, Chemistry Council of New Jersey, RCRA Regulatory Update, October 2018
- Speaker, New Jersey Environmental Law Forum, RCRA/Waste Management Regulatory Update, June 2018
- Speaker, Environmental Obligations in Bankruptcy: Reconciling the Conflicting Goals of Bankruptcy and Environmental Laws, March 27, 2018
- New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, Special Editor, Renewable Energy, June 2022
- New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, Special Editor, Technology and Law, June 2019
- New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, Special Editor, Bankruptcy, February 2019
- New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, Special Editor, Environmental Law, October 2016
- “Key Environmental Liability Considerations in Bankruptcy Actions,” New Jersey Lawyer, October 2016
- New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, Special Editor, Class Actions, April 2015