Fabrizio Dotti is a partner in the Milan office. He specializes in the banking and financial markets sectors and has a focus on acquisition and real estate finance and corporate lending. He also has considerable experience in advising banks in debt restructurings and insolvency matters and in the sale of bank debt.
Fabrizio received his Law Degree in 1992 from the University of Milan and was admitted to the practice of law in Italy in 1995.
Before joining the firm, Fabrizio spent 15 years in another international law firm in Milan and London, which he joined after a 9-year stint as legal counsel in one the major Italian banking institutions. He was involved in numerous transactions, including acquisition finance, leveraged financing, real estate finance, syndicated lending, domestic and international funding arrangements, debt restructuring deals and debt portfolios or single names trades.
During 2012 he was on partner secondment with an International bank in Milan, as acting local general counsel.
- Ranked by Legal 500 EMEA for Banking And Finance: Lender or Arranger Side (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- Ranked by Legal 500 EMEA for Banking And Finance: Borrower Side (2023, 2022, 2021, 2020)
- Ranked by Leaders League for Banking & Finance (2023, 2022, 2021)
- Non-Possessory Pledge, What Will Really Change for Companies?, webinar hosted by Bebeez, 29 November 2021;
- Anti-Money Laundering: the new Regulation and the rise of Regtech; webinar organized together with the Swiss Chamber of Commerce, 21 September 2021;
- Finanziamento d'impresa: nuovi “players” e nuovi strumenti; seminar credited by the Milan Bar, 6 June 2017;
- Le insolvenze transfrontaliere alla luce del Regolamento n. 2015/848 UE e il nuovo approccio europeo alla crisi d'impresa; seminar credited by the Milan Bar, 20 December 2016;
- Il disequilibrio economico degli enti locali: analisi delle disposizioni normative e descrizione delle procedure; seminar credited by the Milan Bar, 21 October 201
- La responsabilità del creditore nell’insolvenza del debitore, profili civili e penali, seminar credited by the Milan Bar, 24 September 2013
- Ristrutturazioni: quando le cose si mettono male, seminar credited by the Milan Bar, 23 October 2012;
- Clausole dei contratti di finanziamento e garanzie nell’era del credit crunch; seminar credited by the Milan Bar, 20 June 2012;
- Strumenti innovativi della disciplina fallimentare per la risoluzione della crisi d’impresa. Rassegna delle prime esperienze applicative; seminar credited by the Milan Bar, 15 June 2010
- Crypto-asset regulation in Italy - Thomson Reuters, 25 April 2022
- Le SU sposano la teoria "antindennitaria" dell'azione revocatoria - NT+Diritto - Il Sole 24 Ore, 23 March 2022
- Decreto Sostegni-bis Garanzia Italia e Fondo Centrale di Garanzia - an alert on the recent Law Decree so-called "Decreto Sostegni-bis" regarding state guarantees on loans granted by banks and financial institutions to companies affected by the COVID-19 emergency, May 31 2021
- La sindacabilità da parte del giudice della revocatoria del piano di risanamento attestato ex art. 67 comma 3 lett. d) legge fallimentare; Diritto bancario.it, 20 December 2016
- La libera realizzabilità della garanzia finanziaria in costanza di fallimento; Diritto bancario.it, 10 April 2015
- La finanza ponte nei concordati uccisa da un emendamento? Diritto bancario.it, 18 February 2014
- Sorte dei creditori non aderenti ad un accordo di ristrutturazione omologato in caso di successivo fallimento del debitore; Diritto bancario.it, 10 February 2014
- Il “consolido” ipotecario: problematiche fallimentari e riflessi penali; Diritto bancario.it, 15 July 2013