Gail Conenello’s environmental practice is focused in the areas of CERCLA and Spill Act remediations and liability actions, private cost recovery actions, environmental justice actions, RCRA, environmental insurance coverage actions, due diligence for corporate and real estate transactions, and various environmental remediation, permitting, compliance, regulatory and enforcement matters.
Notably, Gail has been on the cutting edge of issues involving site remediation and environmental justice. She has spoken before various professional and trade associations, such as the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Chemistry Council of New Jersey and the New York State Business Council, on these topics.
At K&L Gates, Gail has also counseled clients on environmental issues in order to facilitate corporate and real estate transactions. She has worked on numerous multi-million dollar transactions for a wide range of clients, from pharmaceutical companies to manufacturers, and has extensive experience assisting clients with compliance and remediation issues associated with New Jersey’s Industrial Site Recovery Act.
As a complement to her work in the environmental arena, Gail has also been involved in developing community outreach programs for major industrial clients. These outreach programs develop and maintain ongoing forums for positive working relationships and effective communication between manufacturers and key stakeholders in the local and regional communities on key issues related to the daily operations of industrial facilities and legacy site remediation issues associated with former industrial operations.
Prior to entering private practice, Gail served a one year judicial clerkship in the New Jersey Superior Court, Law Division for the Honorable Douglas K. Wolfson and the Honorable Yolanda Ciccone.
Gail has been listed in Best Lawyers in America in the area of Litigation (Environmental) since 2013.
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Past Chair and Director – Environmental Law Section)
- Morris County Bar Association (Past Chairperson – Environmental Law Committee)
- Supreme Court of New Jersey, District Ethics Committee for Essex County, District V-A (Former Member)
- “LSRP Issues - 2016 and Beyond; LSRPs in Litigation/ADR,” 2016 Environmental Law Section Forum Weekend Presented by the NJSBA Environmental Law Section and NJICLE, June 18, 2016
- “Remedial Action Permit Training,” Chemistry Council of New Jersey, May 18, 2016
- “Environmental Litigation Update - Recent Cases and What May Be Next,” 2014 Environmental Law Section Forum Weekend Presented by the NJSBA Environmental Law Section and NJICLE, June 21, 2014.
- “Key Issues Between LSRPs and RPs: How Has the Relationship Changed and How Do Lawyers Fit In?,” 2013 Environmental Law Section Forum Weekend Presented by the NJSBA Environmental Law Section and NJICLE, June 22, 2013.
- “NY, NJ Lease Auctions Highlight US Push For Offshore Wind,” Law360, 10 February 2022