Global Boardroom Risk Solutions Newsletter
“Risk is sexy?” - Anonymous GC
Not every Director or General Counsel (GC) is likely to describe risk analysis as “sexy” but there is little doubt that risk issues have demanded a board level focus which would have been unimaginable 10 years ago. The recent Brexit vote can only drive risk issues for boards even higher up their agenda.
That trend was also identified in PwC’s 2015 Annual Corporate Directors’ Survey which found that boards and management are looking at the strategic side of risk, and that any board evaluation of strategy involves integrated board level discussions of risk. As the report states, and in a direct echo of our newsletter in December 2014 quoting Albert Einstein, “with risk comes opportunity.”
The third edition of our Global Boardroom Risk Solutions newsletter highlights considerations for the boardroom amid an environment of increased global risk. In this issue, we spotlight:
- Tackling the Challenges of Brexit
- Offences Under the Bribery Act and Legal Professional Privilege
- How to Strengthen the Regulatory Compliance Process to Reduce Compliance Risks?
- Considerations for Business in the Low Oil Price Environment
- New UK Insurance Act Coming Into Force In August 2016
- European Union and United Kingdom Sanctions Update
- Five Tips for Success in Cyber Insurance Litigation
- Exposing the Controller
To access the full edition of the Global Boardroom Risk Solutions newsletter, please click here.
To download a printable PDF of the publication, open the link above and click on the fourth icon from the right in the magazine toolbar at the top of the page.
This publication/newsletter is for informational purposes and does not contain or convey legal advice. The information herein should not be used or relied upon in regard to any particular facts or circumstances without first consulting a lawyer. Any views expressed herein are those of the author(s) and not necessarily those of the law firm's clients.