Henry Kim is a member of the energy, infrastructure and resources and international arbitration practices with a particular focus on cross-border multi-jurisdictional disputes arising out of commodities trading, shipping, energy, and power infrastructure projects, with substantial experience in international arbitration proceedings under various arbitration rules including LMAA, SIAC, SCMA, ICC, LCIA, GAFTA, and FOFSA.
Henry has been involved in oil and gas projects such as LNG pipelines, FLNGs, storage facilities, FSRUs and terminal facilities, and ship S&P and associated financing.
Prior to joining the firm, Henry served as a senior associate at an international law firm and worked at a major shipping company in South Korea.
- Listed as a recommended lawyer in International Arbitration in the 2022 edition of Asia Pacific Legal 500.
- “K&L Gates was very flexible and pro-active in every minute to cope with the problems we were facing."
- “Henry Kim’s bilingual skill (English, Korean) perfectly resolves the language barrier. He always puts the client’s interest first. In every meeting, we felt like being safeguarded by him. He is very responsive and punctual. He is very detail-oriented.”
- “Deep knowledge of the oil and gas industry. Bilingual capability to communicate with the customers. Timely legal advice.”
- “Collaboration within the team and excellent teamwork good communication skills with customers.”
- Water Council, Special Committee Member (Strategy & Policy Committee)
- Presentation on charter party disputes to major shipping and shipbuilding companies in Korea, 2017
- Seminar on charter party disputes (including bunker quality and quantity disputes), 2016
- Talk on recent arbitration / English Court cases, 2018
- Seminar on OW Bunker issues, general maritime law issues and trade disputes, 2015
- Mentioned, "Simmtech Holdings advised on game-changing factory in Malaysia," Lawyers Weekly, 4 April 2022