Dr. Jan Boeing is a counsel at the firm's Luxembourg office. Jan has substantial experience in a variety of international, multi-jurisdictional banking and finance transactions, including debt restructuring, capital market matters (with a focus on structured finance, debt securities, securitization, intermediated securities and derivatives) and regulatory matters relating to the financial services industry. He advises initiators and alternative investment fund managers with respect to their private equity, venture capital, debt and real estate fund products. He also supports his clients in RE and PE transactions, and their respective financing.
Prior to joining the firm, Jan served as a counsel at a business law firm where he focused his practice on funds and investment management, banking and financial services, and corporate/M&A. Before that, he worked in the corporate, banking, and asset finance practice of a top-tier Luxembourg law firm for over five years, in the banking and capital marks practice of a Magic Circle law firm in Luxembourg and London for over six years and in the legal department of a central securities depository for over two years.
- Legal 500 2015 – banking, finance and capital markets: “Senior associate Jan Boeing demonstrates 'thorough attention to detail and responsiveness'.”
- Banking secrecy and regulatory reforms, interview with Luxemburger Wort, 14 October 2016, p. 14
- Current regulatory initiatives in Luxembourg (“Luxemburg erneuert im Aufsichtsrecht”), in Börsenzeitung, 8 October 2016, p. 13
- Complementary note on the protection granted under the Securities Act 2001, in: Bulletin Droit & Banque 57 (2015), p. 51-53
- The role of the fiduciary in cross-border transactions and the interaction between the Luxembourg fiduciary and securitisation legislation, in ACE, 2015/2, p. 18-28
- Luxembourg fiduciary act („Luxemburgisches Treuhandgesetz bewährt sich in der Praxis“), in Börsenzeitung, 28 June 2014, p. 9
- Administrative cooperation in tax aspects („Amtshilfe in Steuersachen“), in „Steuerstrafrecht“, Wolters Kluwer, chapter on Luxembourg (together with Alain Steichen); 2nd edition 2015
- Liability for traffic accidents in France and Germany („Die Haftung für Straßenverkehrsunfälle in Frankreich und Deutschland“), PhD-thesis, Logos 2007