When it comes to aircraft operating finance and leasing transactions, our Aviation Finance team has extensive experience representing financial institutions, leasing companies, export credit agencies, funds, and airlines around the globe.
We structure, document, and negotiate domestic and cross-border aircraft and engine leasing and finance transactions that frequently involve multiple jurisdictions. We advise clients on restructuring, workout, and repossession matters, and are knowledgeable in transactions involving commercial aircraft, business and private jets, and general aviation.
We work in major global markets, advising on aircraft finance deals involving air carriers in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, the United States, and Australia. We have advised on financing portfolio acquisitions of commercial aircraft for operating lessors, finance lease transactions, leveraged lease transactions, and cross-border operating lease transactions.
Our lawyers are also among the most knowledgeable with transactions involving Japanese operating leases (JOL) and Japanese operating leases with call option (JOLCO) and frequently advise clients in the expanding JOL/JOLCO market. They seamlessly transition from representing global, dominant operating lessors, to active and growing mid-tier operating lessors, to individual investors.
Our Aviation Finance lawyers also have a wealth of experience with German KG funds, enhanced equipment trust certificate transactions, export credit agency transactions, aircraft lease portfolio securitizations, sale and leaseback transactions, aircraft sale and purchase transactions, and cargo and ticket receivable transactions.
They also excel in airline bankruptcy proceedings and have extensive experience representing banks, financial institutions, and other creditors by working closely with colleagues in our Tax, Policy and Regulatory, and Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice groups.
Both the team and its lawyers are globally recognized by journals and directories, including Chambers, Legal 500, and Who’s Who Legal, and the deals we advise have won awards for their complexity and innovation by leading aviation publications.
- Aviation 100 Overall Deal of the Year – Airline Economics 2020
- Editor’s Deal of the Year – Airline Economics 2020
- Ranked 1st in Structured Lease - Airfinance Journal Legal Survey 2019 & 2018
- Ranked 2nd in Asia-Pacific, European and Middle Eastern Markets - Airfinance Journal Legal Survey 2019
- Listed as a Top Three Law Firm Globally for Aviation Finance In Airfinance Journal’s Guide to Aviation Lawyers 2018
- Ranked Top Law Firm by Airfinance Journal based on the number of JOL/JOLCO transactions completed during 2017 and 2018
- Awarded Equity Deal of the Year 2017 - Airline Economics 2018
- Aircraft Lessor Jolco Deal of the Year - International - Global Transport Finance Awards 2018
- Aircraft Equity Deal of the Year - Europe - Global Transport Finance Awards 2018
- Aircraft Equity Deal of the Year - Australia - Global Transport Finance Awards 2018
- Tax Lease Deal of the Year - Airfinance Journal Global Awards 2018
- Awarded China Cross Border Financing Deal of the Year - Airfinance Journal 2017
- Awarded India Deal of the Year - India Business Law Journal 2017
- Members of our team are listed among the world’s leading aviation finance lawyers in Who’s Who Legal: Transport: Aviation Finance
- Ranked by Chambers and Legal 500 2019: Aviation Finance: Asia Pacific; Asset Finance: UK; Asset Finance: Japan; Banking & Finance: Japan