Jeff Thomson is an associate at the firm’s Seattle office. He is a member of the Real Estate practice group and works on a wide variety of real estate and land use matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeff served in numerous roles as a summer associate, fellow, and student attorney. While in law school, Jeff served as a summer associate at a small family law firm in downtown Seattle focusing on family formation and dissolution as well as LGBTQ+ legal issues. Additionally, Jeff, in his capacity as a fellow for the Washington State Association Justice, clerked for two regional plainitffs litigation firms where he mainly focused on government accountability and insurance bad faith. Ultimately, as a capstone to his law school career, Jeff served as a student attorney for an estate planning law clinic where he represented a married couple in the execution of their estate plan and preparation for their extensive long-term care needs. Prior to his legal career, Jeff spent several years as a buying and inventory planning analyst for several multi-national retail corporations.
- Winner, Metzger Legal Writing Scholarship (2020)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Estate and Disability Planning Clinic
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Tax of LLCs and Partnerships
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Federal Courts
- Member, Washington State Bar Association
- Former Executive Editor (2020-2021), Seattle Journal of Technology, Environmental & Innovation Law
- "Tragedy of the Energy Commons: How Government Regulation Can Help Mitigate the Environmental and Public Health Consequences of Cryptocurrency Mining," Seattle Journal of Technology, Environmental & Innovation Law: Vol. 11:1, Article 4 (2020).