Jeffrey Gargano is a partner in the firm’s Chicago office and is a member of the IP Litigation practice group. His focuses his practice on disputes involving intellectual property in U.S. federal courts and before the International Trade Commission. Jeff counsels clients on overall IP strategy and litigation avoidance. He has litigated cases involving myriad IP law issues, including domestic and foreign patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, false advertising, and unfair competition. Jeff has a unique ability to break down complex technical issues into simple terms that judges and juries can understand.
This is a temporary biography. A complete biography will be available soon.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeffrey served as a partner at a global law firm. Jeff is a registered patent lawyer with a bachelor's degree in chemical engineering. Jeff has experience working with clients on many diverse technologies, including pharmaceutical compounds and formulations, drug delivery systems, methods for treating medical conditions, medical devices and surgical procedures, food sciences, 3G, 4G and 5G wireless telecommunications, semiconductor manufacturing, circuit protection devices, integrated circuits, and printed circuit boards.
- Recognized, Litigation – Patent, Chicago, The Best Lawyers in America (2020-2021)
- Recommended, Intellectual property: Patents: litigation (full coverage), The Legal 500 US (2019-2021)
- Recognized, IP Patent Star – Illinois, Managing Intellectual Property (2012–2021)
- Recognized, IAM Patent 1000: The World's Leading Patent Professionals (2013–2021)
- Recognized, Intellectual Property Management Patent 250 (2011)
- Member, Practice Group of the Year, Intellectual Property, Law360 (2019)
- Member, Litigation Department of the Year–Intellectual Property, The American Lawyer (2019)
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago