Jeffrey Patterson is a partner in the firm’s Boston office where he concentrates his practice in business litigation, complex commercial and antitrust matters, and consumer financial services litigation. He litigates on behalf of corporations nationally at both the trial and appellate level.
Jeffrey’s litigation experience includes a broad range of antitrust/competition issues, including monopolization and restraint of trade issues under the Sherman and Clayton Acts, pricing issues under the Robinson-Patman Act, intellectual property claims, false advertising disputes, and gray market/counterfeit suppression.
Jeffrey has extensive consumer finance litigation experience. National banks, mortgage services, student lenders, and other consumer financial services providers rely upon Jeffrey to represent them in litigation, class actions, arbitrations, administrative proceedings, and other disputes involving state and federal laws related to lending, mortgage origination, loan servicing, auto loans, student loans, debt collection, credit reporting, and unfair and deceptive trade practices, as well as a host of other consumer finance laws. Jeffrey has represented clients in state and federal appeals, and handled class actions for large national banks in at least seven different states.
Prior to joining the firm, Jeffrey was a partner and member of the executive committee at a national law firm.
- The Best Lawyers in America® - Commercial Litigation (2012-2020)
- American Bar Association
- Cohasset Alternative Energy Committee (2011-2013)
- Cohasset Town Republican Committee (2012 - 2019)
- Accepted an appointment by the Governor of South Carolina to serve on the Board of Governors for the South Carolina Patient Compensation Fund, which provides excess coverage for health care providers throughout South Carolina (2005)
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Palmetto Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (2001-2004)
- Panel Speaker, ACI Financial Services Litigation Conference, January 2014
- Panel Speaker, ACI Financial Services Litigation Conference, July 2012
- “Roger Cleveland Golf Company, Inc. v Prince,” Landmark IP Litigation Series, October 4, 2011