Jennifer Paterson is a special counsel in the international arbitration and dispute resolution team of the firm’s Dubai office, based in the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC). Jennifer regularly advises and represents both UAE-based and international clients in a wide range of commercial disputes. She has experience representing clients in local and international arbitration proceedings administered many of the major arbitration centers, including the ICC, DIFC-LCIA, DIAC, and ADCCAC, as well as ad hoc proceedings. Jennifer has full rights of audience before the DIFC Courts and the Courts of England and Wales. She also works closely with local counsel in respect of litigation pending before the UAE Courts.
Jennifer has been instructed as trial counsel in a broad range of contested matters, including complex commercial contracts, oil and gas, construction, real estate, insurance and employment disputes. She has also been instructed by the UK Financial Services Authority and the UK Serious Fraud Office in a number of complex fraud investigations.
In addition to being able to navigate complex disputes in a variety of local and international forums, Jennifer counsels clients on a range of compliance issues and internal investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer worked as a dispute resolution associate for another firm in the Dubai International Financial Centre. She started her legal career as a self-employed barrister in London.
- 9th ICC MENA Conference, ICC YAF session to discuss the impact of COVID on the approach of arbitration practitioner and expert witness, Panelist
- Not Paying The Piper: Third-party funding - the solution to liquidity constraints, Panelist, The Legal 500 Middle East Disputes Summit 2019
- Demystifying the UAE Local Courts, Speaker, K&L Gates seminar
- The GAR Live Question time - How to appoint an arbitrator, Panelist, 3rd GAR Live Abu Dhabi 2018
- “Settlement (civil litigation) Q&A: United Arab Emirates,” Practical Law, 2017