Jennifer Addis is an associate in the employee benefits and executive compensation group in the Seattle office. Jennifer focuses her practice on employee benefits and executive compensation issues. She has varied experience advising employers and plan administrators on ERISA and tax compliance issues, and specifically with regard to the design, drafting, and administration of tax-qualified and non-qualified employee benefit plans, health and welfare benefit plans and retirement plans. She is experienced in working with 401(k), 403(b), 457, and defined benefit pension plans.
Jennifer also regularly assists with benefit and compensation aspects of mergers and acquisitions, including issues arising under Internal Revenue Code Sections 162(m), 280G, and 409A.
During law school, Jennifer worked as a judicial extern for Hon. Marsha J. Pechman of the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington. After graduating, Jennifer served as a law clerk for Justice Charles W. Johnson of the Washington State Supreme Court.
- Named to Super Lawyers Rising Star list (2018)
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Critical Habitat: Proposed Revisions to the Endangered Species Act Could Affect the Region’s Businesses,” Seattle Business Magazine, November 2014
- Note, A Missed Opportunity: How Pakootas v. Teck Cominco Metals, Ltd. Could Have Clarified the Extraterritoriality Doctrine, 32 SEATTLE U. L. REV. 1011 (2009).