Jessica Mandla is a lawyer in the Antitrust, Competition, and Trade Regulation group. She has experience advising on all aspects of competition and consumer law across a broad range of industries including FMCG, technology, retail, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, sport, petroleum and oil and gas.
In particular, Jessica represents clients in dealings with regulators including investigations by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) and prosecutions in the Federal Court. She also advises individuals and companies acting as witnesses in civil and criminal prosecutions for cartel conduct in the Local Court and Federal Court.
In the competition law space, Jessica assists clients in obtaining merger clearances from the ACCC, assists clients in making immunity and leniency applications in cartel matters, advises on potential anti-competitive arrangements, advises on supply chain structuring and assists clients in making applications for Authorisation or Notification to the ACCC.
In the consumer law space, Jessica regularly provides advice on marketing campaigns (particularly in the FMCG industry), advises on compliance with unfair contract terms and consumer guarantee provisions and assists clients in developing and implementing compliance programs.
Jessica has an in-depth understanding of the needs of clients gained through several years of work within the in-house legal teams of a global consumer electronics company and a global pharmaceutical company.
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia, listed in Competition Law (2023)
- Lawyers Weekly, finalist in the 30 Under 30 Awards for Competition, Trade and Regulation (2019)
- Law Society of New South Wales member
- "An offer you can’t refuse: big changes coming to the Unfair Contract Terms regime," Law Society Journal, 8 April 2022
- Patent and Plant Breeder's Rights Year in Review – Life Sciences Publication – April 2017