John Crossley is a partner in the firm’s Kansas City office. He is a member of the firm’s Power and Renewables practice group. John’s practice focuses on developing, buying, and selling renewable energy projects throughout the United States, from site acquisition to project and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions.
With over 20 years of experience, John has worked on billions of dollars of projects that produce tens of gigawatts of power. He knows and understands the issues that are important to energy clients. He also appreciates how massive an undertaking a new energy project can be, with an understanding of organizing site acquisition, local government interaction and permitting, and equipment procurement and construction. John also leads teams of talented, experienced attorneys to prepare projects for disposition and acquire developed or operating projects.
Prior to joining the firm, John was a partner for a large, U.S. firm, representing energy clients in complex transactions.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2015-2023
- Ingram’s magazine 40 Under Forty, 2012
- Chambers USA, Real Estate Law, 2010-2013
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Real Estate, Rising Star, 2009
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, “Up & Coming Lawyer,” 2011
- Brush Creek Community Partners, Board of Directors, 2008 – 2013
- Kansas City Mayor-Elect Sly James' transition team, 2011
- Kansas City Youth Hockey Association, 2010-present
- Carriage Club Board of Directors, 2017-2019