John Crossley is a project development and transactional partner in, and co-lead of, the firm's Power practice group. John's practice focuses on developing, buying, and selling renewable energy projects throughout the United States, from site acquisition, to project and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, as well as supporting tax equity and debt finance transactions. In addition to sponsor-side representation, John has worked with multiple tax equity investors and financing parties across the country for more than 15 years.
With over 20 years of experience, John has worked on billions of dollars of projects that produce tens of gigawatts of power. He knows and understands the issues that are important to energy clients. He also appreciates how massive an undertaking a new energy project can be, with an understanding of organizing site acquisition, local government interaction and permitting, and equipment procurement and construction. John also leads teams of talented, experienced attorneys to prepare projects for disposition and acquire developed or operating projects.
Prior to joining the firm, John was a partner for a large, U.S. firm, representing energy clients in complex transactions.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2015-2023
- Ingram’s magazine 40 Under Forty, 2012
- Chambers USA, Real Estate Law, 2010-2013
- Missouri and Kansas Rising Stars, Real Estate, 2009
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, “Up & Coming Lawyer,” 2011
- Brush Creek Community Partners, Board of Directors, 2008 – 2013
- Kansas City Mayor-Elect Sly James' transition team, 2011
- Kansas City Youth Hockey Association, 2010-present
- Carriage Club Board of Directors, 2017-2019