John Crossley is a project development and transactional partner in, and co-lead of, the firm's Power practice group. John's practice focuses on developing, buying, and selling renewable energy projects throughout the United States, from site acquisition, to project and portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, as well as supporting tax equity and debt finance transactions. In addition to sponsor-side representation, John has worked with multiple tax equity investors and financing parties across the country to fund and finance wind, solar, battery energy storage, carbon sequestration, hydrogen, and other energy projects.
With over 20 years of experience, John has worked on billions of dollars of projects that produce tens of gigawatts of power. He knows and understands the issues that are important to energy clients. He also appreciates how massive an undertaking a new energy project can be, with an understanding of organizing site acquisition, local government interaction and permitting, and equipment procurement and construction. With that knowledge, John leads teams of talented, experienced attorneys who assist our firm’s clients throughout the life-cycle of their projects.
Prior to joining the firm, John was a partner for a large, U.S. firm, representing energy clients in complex transactions.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2015-2023
- Ingram’s magazine 40 Under Forty, 2012
- Chambers USA, Real Estate Law, 2010-2013
- Missouri and Kansas Rising Stars, Real Estate, 2009
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, “Up & Coming Lawyer,” 2011
- Brush Creek Community Partners, Board of Directors, 2008 – 2013
- Kansas City Mayor-Elect Sly James' transition team, 2011
- Kansas City Youth Hockey Association, 2010-present
- Carriage Club Board of Directors, 2017-2019