John Krill has extensive experience in complex litigation in appellate, constitutional, and environmental law. He has been lead counsel in numerous cases in both state and federal courts.
Before joining K&L Gates, John was Acting Secretary of Environmental Resources for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. John also served as Executive Deputy General Counsel for the Commonwealth, providing legal advice to the governor and cabinet and supervising agency chief counsel. John served for four years as Deputy General Counsel in charge of Commonwealth executive agency litigation and, earlier, as a Special Deputy Attorney General for the Commonwealth’s statewide investigative grand jury.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the practice area of environmental law – 1998 - 2017
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers by Philadelphia Magazine – 2006 - 2021
- Chair of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s Committee on the Rules of Evidence.
- Member, Endowment Committee, Saint Stephen’s Episcopal Cathedral.
- Fedzilla vs. The Constitution, 2015
- "Case Law Update," Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s Legislative Process Seminar, September 2007
- "Legislative Mens Rea in Constitutional Challenges to Statutes," presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s Legislative Process Seminar, September 2006
- "Dover ID Case: Judge Made Errors of Law and Science," York Sunday News, April 2006