Jonathan Vaitl is an associate at the firm's Harrisburg office. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, including complex contractual disputes, class action defense, claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act and similar state laws, and securities litigation. He has also worked on high-profile cases involving constitutional challenges to Pennsylvania statutes and regulations. Jonathan has represented clients in state and federal courts, as well as before administrative law judges, where he has represented clients with respect to environmental permitting requirements. He has served as second chair for trials and arbitrations, and is experienced in pre-trial work, including pleadings, discovery, and motions practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Jonathan served as a law clerk for the Honorable John E. Jones of the United States District Court of the Middle District of PA, where he drafted opinions in all phases of civil litigation in areas such as employment discrimination, civil rights, corporate securities, commercial or contractual disputes, and constitutional challenges to Pennsylvania statutes. As a law clerk, Jonathan also handled federal criminal proceedings, from initial appearances to sentencings to post-conviction motions.
- 2022 Graduate, Community Leadership Series, Leadership Harrisburg Area
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Civil Litigation Section, Rules Committee
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- “Third Circuit Court of Appeals Gives Pennsylvania Consumers Footing for Internet Tracking Claims,” Pratt’s Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report, November-December 2022
- “Prepare For Pa. Consumer Suits After Website Wiretap Ruling,” Law360, 18 October 2022