Justin N. Leonelli is an associate in the firm’s Pittsburgh office. As a member of the construction and infrastructure practice group, Mr. Leonelli represents owners, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and design professionals in a variety of public and private construction disputes nationwide. He frequently handles matters involving delay claims, defective construction claims, differing site conditions claims, mechanic’s lien claims, and bonding disputes. Mr. Leonelli also assists clients in negotiating and drafting construction contracts for a wide range of projects. In addition, he regularly represents entities in connection with the public procurement process and has experience in all phases of bid protest throughout the country. Mr. Leonelli also has significant experience representing entities in the energy industry, including natural gas exploration companies and coal burning facilities, in lawsuits arising from their operations.
Alongside his legal practice, Mr. Leonelli is actively involved in the Pittsburgh community. He serves on the board of directors for a non-profit organization focused on providing apprenticeship programs for individuals seeking employment in the manufacturing industry. He also serves on the firm’s associates’ committee for the Pittsburgh office.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Leonelli was a litigation associate at a Pittsburgh-based law firm where he focused his practice on commercial disputes and handled matters involving the construction, energy, and manufacturing industries. In addition, he was a legal intern for the nation’s largest provider of shared communications infrastructure, Crown Castle. During law school, Mr. Leonelli served as an extern to the now-Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice David. N. Wecht.
- Allegheny County Council Proclamation
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Legal Research & Writing
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Advanced Legal Writing: Writing in Law Practice
- Best Appellate Brief in Academic Mock Appeal
- New Century Careers, Director
- Allegheny County Bar Association — Construction Section, Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association — Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Instant Communication and Advances in Technology: Exchanging Ethical Dilemmas and Increased Expectations for Convenience and Efficiency, Dean John J. Sciullo Fundamentals of Law Continuing Education Series (April 25, 2015).
Mr. Leonelli grew up in Youngstown, Ohio where he attended Cardinal Mooney High School. He now resides in a northern suburb of Pittsburgh. In his spare time, Mr. Leonelli likes to golf and visit with family and friends.
- United States EPC Construction Contracting in the Wake of COVID-19, Construction Alert, 03 April 2020
- Amendments to Federal Rule of Evidence 902, The Legal Intelligencer, 1 November 2017
- Dormant Commerce Clause Review of a Lifecycle Analysis Regulation: Rocky Mountain Farmers Union v. Corey, 3 Joule Energy & Envtl. L.J. 2, 11 November 2014