K&L Gates, Lawyers Named as IP and Trademark Leaders in 2020 World Trademark Review 1000 Rankings
Global law firm K&L Gates LLP and 11 partners across the firm’s global platform have again been recognized among the world’s leading trademark practices and professionals in World Trademark Review’s annual WTR 1000 rankings, a comprehensive survey of leading trademark practitioners in more than 80 jurisdictions.
As a firm, K&L Gates is ranked in the Australia enforcement and litigation and prosecution and strategy categories. Individual lawyers ranked in the 2020 edition were:
• London partner Arthur Artinian (United Kingdom: England - prosecution and strategy, transactions)
• Boston partner David Byer (United States: Massachusetts - prosecution and strategy)
• Hong Kong of counsel Winnie Chan (China and special administrative regions: Hong Kong - prosecution and strategy)
• Melbourne partner Jonathan Feder (Australia - enforcement and litigation)
• Chicago partner Sana Hakim (United States: Illinois - prosecution and strategy)
• Seattle partner Pam Jacobson (United States: Washington - individuals)
• Washington, D.C., partner Susan Kayser (United States: DC Metro Area - enforcement and litigation, prosecution and strategy)
• Newark partner Frank Politano (United States: New Jersey - individuals)
• Melbourne partner Chris Round (Australia - enforcement and litigation)
• Chicago partner Kate Starshak (United States: Illinois - prosecution and strategy)
• Melbourne partner Tony Watson (Australia - enforcement and litigation, prosecution and strategy)
Now in its tenth year, the World Trademark Review 1000 survey is one of the industry’s highly regarded publications and is based on more than 1,500 face-to-face and telephone interviews with hundreds of lawyers and clients in the trademark industry, taking into account depth of expertise, market presence, and the level of work typically handled.
K&L Gates’ intellectual property practice has more than 200 lawyers – including approximately 100 registered patent lawyers, agents, and technology specialists with technical or advanced science degrees, nearly 20 with doctorates – who devote their practices to helping clients establish, enforce, and leverage their intellectual property rights worldwide. Among leading IP firms, K&L Gates filed over 3,430 patent applications and 2,860 trademarks worldwide in 2019.
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents. The firm represents leading multinational corporations, growth and middle-market companies, capital markets participants and entrepreneurs in every major industry group as well as public sector entities, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and individuals.