K&L Gates Lawyers Quoted in Numerous Articles Regarding SEC's Proposed ESG, Fund Name Rules
Lawyers in K&L Gates’ asset management and investment funds group have been quoted in a variety of articles discussing the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) proposed amendments regarding environmental, social, and governance (ESG) disclosures and fund naming rules.
Among these articles have been:
- "With Expected SEC Rule Vote on ESG, Lawyers Eye Public Comment Period to Weigh In," The National Law Journal, May 25 (subscription required)
- "SEC's ESG Fund Plan Called 'Very Weird,' Too Prescriptive," Law360, June 6 (subscription required)
- "Wall Street’s Lawyers Attack SEC Effort to Crush Greenwashing," Bloomberg, June 1
- "Investment advisers fret over SEC’s proposed ESG disclosure rule," Compliance Week, June 2
- "SEC Seeks To Crack Down On Fund Names," ETF.com, May 26
- "SEC Greenwashing Rule Gives Funds Chills Over Emission Reporting," Bloomberg, May 27
- "Big Changes Are Coming To The Naming Rules For Funds; Here’s What Investors Need To Know," ValueWalk, July 14 (subscription required)
- "SEC to pitch long-awaited ESG rule May 25," Fund Directions, May 23 (subscription required)
- "SEC Names Rule Proposal Could Impact or Ban ESG, Social Money Funds," Money Fund Intelligence, June 3 (subscription required)
- "Fat-free investing," Politico Long Game, May 24
- "A sustainable crackdown," Politico Morning Money, May 25
K&L Gates’ asset management and investment funds practice has more than 50 years of experience in the financial services industry and comprises more than 150 lawyers in Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, North America, and South America. These lawyers provide advice to investment companies and advisers, broker-dealers, emerging managers, and institutional investors across a range of areas, including on investment, hedge, private equity, and real estate funds, regulated funds and exchange-traded products, capital markets and derivatives, ERISA, ESG, and global regulation and distribution, among others.
K&L Gates is a fully integrated global law firm with lawyers located across five continents. The firm represents leading multinational corporations, growth and middle-market companies, capital markets participants and entrepreneurs in every major industry group as well as public sector entities, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and individuals.