Laura Braasch is an experienced transactional attorney whose practice focuses on drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and supporting companies in their day-to-day operations. She works with companies’ internal general counsel and operational teams to provide reliable and effective counsel. Laura also has significant experience working as a deal attorney, counseling banks, private equity funds, and other institutional lenders in connection with various finance transactions, including asset-based loan facilities, and acquisition financings. Drawing on her background in both complex commercial transactions and general corporate work, Laura provides skillful and dependable services to her clients.
Representative work includes:
- Negotiating and drafting a high volume and wide variety of third-party contracts with service providers and other vendors, as well as purchase and sale agreements, employment agreements and advisor agreements, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Advising companies with respect to and drafting business formation documents, and obtaining and maintaining appropriate business licenses.
- Assisting clients in trademark clearance and prosecution.
- Negotiating, documenting and closing many facilities establishing revolving lines of credit and term loans, both secured and unsecured, and involving both senior and subordinated debt - for general commercial purposes and for more specific equipment or project finance.
- Establishing numerous letter-of-credit facilities to finance domestic and international energy companies.
- Representation of participating banks in large syndicated loans involving multiple debt tranches.
- Closing purchases and sales of distressed loans and other assets.
Immediately prior to joining the firm, Laura served as counsel at an international law firm where she was part of the general counsel support group, working closely with clients to provide consistent and dependable advice and legal services. Before that, Laura was an associate for two other international firms, where she concentrated on complex commercial transactions, as well as provided general corporate legal services.