Leah Baucom is a partner in the Charlotte office. Leah focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions. Leah regularly represents public and private companies, private equity sponsors and financial institutions on a broad range of mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, recapitalizations and other business combination transactions.
Leah is often involved in cross-border transactions involving parties and operations in multiple jurisdictions and serves many foreign based clients.
Leah was named a 2021 Top Rising Star by The Deal, which recognizes exemplary US-based partners with a focus on M&A and private equity.
Prior to joining K&L Gates, Leah was an associate in the New York office of another international law firm.
- Recognized in The Deal's Top Women in Dealmaking, 2023
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- “Who Owns the Virtual Items?”, Duke Law & Technology Review, 2010
- Mentioned, "SPX Adds Industrial Growth Partners’ Aspeq," The Deal, May 2023
- "Fandom acquires leading entertainment & gaming brands including Gamespot, TV Guide and Metacritic," PR Newswire, 3 October 2022.
- Mentioned, "Amorepacific Acquires Tata Harper Skincare," Women's Wear Daily, 1 September 2022.