Lucy Williams is a commercial litigator involved in the formal and informal resolution of disputes in a variety of industries including insurance, finance, property, energy and resources, and environmental consulting.
She acts for Lawcover the compulsory professional indemnity insurer for lawyers in New South Wales, Australia. Lucy also acts for a range of corporate clients including energy and resources companies, directors, accountants, property developers, and environmental consultants.
She also provides advice about insurance coverage to range of corporate clients seeking to maximize recoveries on disputed insurance claims, if possible without recourse to litigation or arbitration. Lucy also advises policyholders on insurance strategies and on the legal implications of policy wordings.
She focuses on providing strategic advice to facilitate the resolution of disputes in a timely and commercial manner.
Lucy has considerable experience in, and knowledge of, appropriate dispute resolution options, including mediation, facilitated negotiation and court ordered conciliation.
Prior to joining the firm, Lucy worked in the insurance team at a national Australian law firm based in Sydney, from there she moved to join the commercial litigation team of a large global litigation firm in London.
- K&L Gates, winner of the Womens' Achievement Award for teamwork (2013)
- Law Society of New South Wales member
- Australian Insurance Law Association member
- "So you think you have Limited Liability," LawCover Solicitor Conference, March 2014
- "The Limited Retainer - Carving out Property Taxes," Law Society Journal, October 2021
- "Company Directors Personally Liable for GST," Law Society Journal, July 2020
- "Dealing with Unrepresented Litigants," Law Society Journal, 15 November 2018
- "Real Property Changes: Risk Management Tips for Solicitors," Law Society Journal, February 2017
- “Key Principles of Privilege & Waiver of Privilege,” Law Society Journal, September 2016
- "Social Media and Your Practice: Playing it Smart," Law Society Journal, March 2016