Maureen O’Dea Brill concentrates her practice in the areas of energy, environment and natural resources law. Her practice serves a diverse client base across multiple industry segments and focuses on federal and state legislative and regulatory policy, administrative law, compliance, government enforcement, and litigation involving potential environmental liabilities. Maureen represents clients in matters arising from a range of energy and environmental regulations and statutes, such as the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Clean Water Act, Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
Prior to joining the firm, Maureen served as Legislative Aide for the Office of Senator Robert P. Casey, Jr. and as an intern in the office of Judge Malachy E. Mannion of the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- “A Significant First Step For Pa. Carbon Capture Programs,” Law360, 5 April 2023
- Assessing the Scope of the National Environmental Policy Act: Recent Attempts by Environmentalists to Add Climate Change Considerations into NEPA Review, 54 Nat. Resources J. 409 (2014).
- Making the Case for Wilderness: The Bureau of Land Management’s Wild Lands Policy and Its Role in the Storied History of Wilderness Protection, 4 Leg. & Pol. Brief 7 (2012).
- Pennsylvania Environmental Law and Practice, Ch. 7 (Water Resources)