Max Gu’s practice includes cross-border business transactions, overseas public offerings, general corporate matters, foods regulations, corporate compliance matters, complex regulatory advice, and overseas litigations.
Max combines his hands-on practice experience in the United States and China and has seen business operations in China under the microscope as an in-house counsel in his legal career and received academic training in earlier years on business management. Those business experiences give him the capability of appreciating the financial/business impact of legal issues as businesses appreciate them and offering insightful and practical advice regardless of whether clients are seeking to invest in China through capital movement or operate a business in China.
Max has also been a legal advisor for Chinese companies seeking to invest overseas or to tap into the overseas stock markets.
He has been recently selected and recognized in the inaugural edition of The Best Lawyers® in China for Corporate Law Practice (International Firms).
- Seminar on New HKSE Listing Rules (Shanghai, China, May 2018)
- Bentleys and Bank of China Seminar on Investing in Australia (Shanghai, China, September 2016)
- Investment in China and Food Regulations in China (Park City, Utah, March 2015)
- Wuxi Cleantech Seminar (Wuxi, China, March 2010)
- Jilin Financial Group – Capital Market in US Seminar, Chicago (Chicago, Illinois, November 2009)
- AON Food Safety Seminar (Shanghai and Beijing, China, August 2009)
- Grant Thornton China Seminar (Chicago, Illinois, November 2005, November 2006 and November 2007)
- International Housewares Association – Legal Forum (Chicago, Illinois, March 2006)