Michael Doyle is a government affairs counselor in the firm’s Pittsburgh office and a member of the Public Policy and Law practice.
Michael previously represented the 18th District of Pennsylvania in the United States Congress for 14 terms serving the City of Pittsburgh and 53 suburban communities in Allegheny County.
Michael served on the House Energy & Commerce Committee where he chaired the Communications and Technology subcommittee and was a senior member of the Energy subcommittee. Throughout his career, Michael has worked extensively to address climate change through the development of energy efficient technologies and renewable energy sources.
As chair of Communications and Technology, Michael has worked to provide all Americans with reliable, affordable high-speed broadband internet service and to restore net neutrality.
Michael co-founded and co-chaired the House Robotics Caucus to ensure that the United States remains globally competitive in the field of robotics. He was also one of the founders of the Distributed Generation Caucus, which works to promote widespread adoption of decentralized power generation technology that is both fuel efficient and environmentally friendly. Michael has also served as a member of the House Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Caucus.
Michael was the founder and co-chair of the House Autism Caucus, also known as the Coalition for Autism Research and Education (C.A.R.E.). The caucus is responsible for an exponential increase in federal research and services to families with autistic children.
- Representative for the 18th District of Pennsylvania, United States Congress
- Member, House Democratic Caucus
- Member, House Energy and Commerce Committee
- Chairman, Communications and Technology subcommittee
- Member, Energy subcommittee
- Founder and Co-Chair, Congressional Autism Caucus
- Founder and Co-Chair, House Distributed Generation Caucus
- Co-Founder and Chair, House Robotics Caucus
- Member, House Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Caucus
- Member, Leadership Pittsburgh Alumni Organization
- Quoted, “Former Members Trade Capitol Perks for Lucrative Influence Jobs,” Bloomberg Government, 19 May 2023
- Quoted, “Federal lobbying spending tops $1 billion in first quarter of 2023,” OpenSecrets Blog and Raw Story, 1 May 2023
- Mentioned, “8 ex-lawmakers make quick shift to private sector,” The Hill, Ledger-Enquirer, The Kansas City Star, Business News, MSN, and BellevilleNews-Democrat, 31 January 2023
- Mentioned, “Where the Uihleins sent their cash after the insurrection (Excerpt),” Politico, 27 January 2023
- Mentioned, “Lobbying gold rush may persist despite divided Congress,” The Hill, 23 January 2023
- Mentioned, “Lobbying Shops Report Another Record Year In DC,” Law360, 23 January 2023
- Mentioned, “Former Pa. House Democrat takes job at lobbying firm,” Environment and Energy Daily, 3 January 2023
- Quoted, “Retiring U.S. Rep. Mike Doyle joining K&L Gates as governmental affairs counselor,” Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 27 December 2022
- Mentioned, “K&L Gates Adds Former Congressman to Public Policy, Law Practice,” Bloomberg Law, 27 December 2022
- Mentioned, “Transition (Excerpt),” Politics PA, 27 December 2022
- Mentioned, “Politico Playbook (Excerpt),” Politico.com, 27 December 2022
- Mentioned, “Retiring congressman Mike Doyle finds new job,” CBS Pittsburgh, 27 December 2022
- Mentioned, KDKA-AM (Radio), 28 December 2022
- Mentioned, “Rodney Davis lands on K Street (Excerpt),” Politico.com, 11 January 2023