Michael Hutson is a partner in the firm’s corporate practice group and focuses his practice on securities, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and general corporate law matters across a wide range of industries, including life sciences, financial and business services, and manufacturing.
Michael also focuses a significant portion of his practice on emerging growth and venture capital transactions, advising large global financial institutions and other corporate clients on early-stage investments in leading fintech and other venture-backed companies, including advising on matters regarding compliance with the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956.
Michael also regularly advises public and private clients on transactional, securities and corporate matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, reporting requirements under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and compliance with stock exchange rules.
Prior to law school, Michael worked at the North Carolina Republican Party as an assistant director for state house campaigns.
- Recognized in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2022
- Listed in the “Ones to Watch” section, The Best Lawyers in America©, 2021
- Member, Board of Directors and Volunteer Tutor, Heart Math Tutoring
- Member, Succession Charlotte
- Member, Charlotte Symphony Orchestra PULSE Young Affiliates Group