Mira Renko is a special counsel and practice support lawyer and with broad experience in all aspects of Australian banking and finance law, including secured financing transactions, asset and project financing, PPSA registrations and real property mortgages and the emerging area of ESG financing.
Mira provides knowledge management, hands on precedents development and maintenance, current awareness publications, training and general practice support to the firm's finance practice group, which includes the restructuring and insolvency lawyers, nationally in Australia. Mira is able to draw on her experience as a banking and finance transactional lawyer to ensure that our finance lawyers continue to efficiently deliver high quality, technical and commercial legal services to our clients.
As a member of the Knowledge and Practice Support team, the focus is on creating sustainable precedents, managing our knowledge resources, process improvement, digital adoption and supporting legal technology and innovation projects within the firm. Mira contributes to firm wide initiatives in these areas.
Mira is extensively involved in the firm's professional development program. She delivers commercial drafting training sessions to graduates and training on new legal developments to finance lawyers. with a focus on matters relevant to all practice groups and the development and maintenance of precedents and knowledge resources to support best legal practice.
Mira's key focus areas include:
- Drafting and maintaining a suite of several hundred commercial and corporate-related precedents and knowledge assets to ensure quality, currency, accuracy and efficiency.
- Ensuring the relevant practice groups are fully informed about new legal or practice developments.
- Participating in national or global projects and initiatives, as required, including working with our partners, lawyers, support staff and other shared business services.
After having practised as a banking and finance lawyer at top tier firms, Mira changed focus to specialise in legal precedents and knowledge management. She has worked exclusively in that area for many years and has extensive experience as a team leader and precedents and knowledge manager, professional support lawyer, and legal trainer across several practice areas and in top tier firms.
Mira has a particular interest in plain language writing, document style and visual communication, document automation, and using technology to promote more efficient delivery of legal services to clients.
Mira is a frequent presenter on legal knowledge management at external conferences, most recently at the College of Law Centre for Legal Innovation NewLaw Careers summit 2022.
- Delivering Commercial drafting and advice writing seminars
- Delivering seminars on Electronic execution the law and practice
- Delivering training on using visuals and images to communicate legal advice